Your Username Choice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by db1986, Aug 7, 2011.

1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

As a kind of extended iSketch family here we've all come to know each other by our choice of username. Well yeah, some of us know the first and/or even last names of forumites, but the first thing about other forumites we come across when joining the forum is our usernames.

The reason for this seemingly random, but hopefully interesting thread is to ask you guys and girls what helped you make your username selection, or if your screen name has a story behind it.

Mine is simply that "db" are my initials, and my birth year is 1986.

So why did you choose your forum username?

2. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

I've had a couple of different usernames, one an ex friend gave me because he thought I look like an elf :p This particular one I have now and want to keep is because someone important sent me some Godiva chocolate last Christmas :)

3. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

My original name was SoulAngelNZ, and I later dropped the NZ, obviously. I chose the name because it is connected to the work I did at the time, soul work on a therapy level, and the NZ was because I wanted people to be asking me what it stood for so I could tell them a bit about New Zealand.

4. Arrisdaroldi

Arrisdaroldi Forum Junkie

Well with mine i was hard, i was looking online for strange names and i found it. i love it, any thoughts on it...like it, hate it, love it????

5. Rood

Rood Active Member

My forum usernames are my iSketch screennames, and I've been through a couple for various reasons. The one most people know me by is MissyRed, and I used that because someone who was special to me at the time thought of it, and because I'm a redhead.
    Then when I kept getting harrassed under that name I changed to Rouge because it means red in French, and I love French things.
    Still had some issues under that name so now I'm RubyRed. Ruby being my birthstone and precious niece who I don't get to see anymore.

6. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

I picked 2.0 over 10 years ago, when i started playing. Honestly i don't remember anymore how i came up with it. Probably just thought it was a clever username at one point or another. It stuck.
    Now i use a variety of names, none in particular but i do log in as 2.0 from time to time, but none of my old friends are on the game anymore.

7. Arrisdaroldi

Aww, thats sad. I'll be your new friend!??

8. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Let's have a get together for 2.0, perhaps near your birthday? I'm sure we could make it fun :biggrin:

It's interesting to hear about all your names, and there's also quite a wide range of reasons for choosing, which is nice :)

9. Arrisdaroldi

yeah, do you guys use same isk username for here? who does not???

10. Dagon

Dagon New Member

My chosen moniker for iSk and this forum is really more of a continuation:

I happened to be re-introduced to the game of iSk by a fellow gamer of a horror/survival MMPOG at the time, so naturally upon joining I kept the same name I was using there; I just had to make it horror related at the time, and being an admirer of literature - among other things - I went with a writer that would provide me with the most apt, as well as pertinent representation I could think of and thus... you have my name:H.P. Lovecraft's Dagon. Which is mostly a short story, but the mythos study includes it with the rest of the interdimensional demi-gods/monsters/creatures of unknown origins and indiscernable features that Lovecraft is most famous for.

That was interesting enough, but the clincher for me on settling on Dagon above all others, was his particular mythos study; his draconic amphibious quality perceived and illustrated as an adaptable mastery over the dream world and real world alike.

It's my briefest explanation of it, but... you did ask. :razz:

11. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

I chose mine from the ABC Warriors character, Deadlock.

Just gets annoying whenever I played isk, people assumed I was a rasta cos they thought it said "Dreadlock".

/slap dyslexia

12. Mato

Mato Member

Been called Mato (or close variations) for over 13 years now, initially IRL context, but now only online.

It emerged in a primary school Italian lesson that my name (Thomas) translated to "Tommasso", and so (for obvious reasons) I became known as Tomato, which quickly evolved into Mato (which can be pronounced either "MAY-toe" or "MAT-toe").

Coincidentally it works quite well as it is an anagram of my first name and surname initial (Tom A.)

:D

13. Jmac

Jmac New Member

J is the first initial of my first name, and mac deals with the beginning to my last name. One of my friends called me it around the time I started iSketch (6 years ago :shock:) so I used it at the time.

14. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

I thought that was funny too! Post #12 :biggrin:

15. NewBee

NewBee New Member

Haha it's interesting to hear about the origins of everyones usernames!

I chose my username coz it sounded like "Newbie" lol and it's got nothing to do with bees or honey :p

16. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

It's nice to hear some more stories, and Dagon I love your explanation, clearly a lot of thought went into it :biggrin:

I honestly thought bees were something to do with it, like you being a beekeeper perhaps :razz:

17. Dagon

Dagon New Member

Glad you appreciated it for what it was, DB. Most would feel sorry they even asked. :p

18. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

NB B BBBBBBBB did you just send me a friendship request? sry I became a lil suspicious on nicknames lately, thx to isketch! if yes ill gladly confirm hun...I like my username and a good old friend of mine from isketch has suggested it to me..I miss you We_are_something....where ever you are peace be with you...if you're around show your face! db nice thread! I like you! ahem* good good...

19. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Lol, I appreciated the story :lol: And I notice you use a different name for the game as well.

20. NewBee

NewBee New Member

HD D DDDDDDDDDDD:D!! Yeees it's mee!! :embarrassed: ha*gives you a pink ribcracking isketch hug* lol

p.s. db1986 im no beekeeper! :lol: lol