[Media] What are you listening to _right now_?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Peter, Apr 28, 2013.

1. goose

goose Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  2. Novak

Novak Active Member

About the German Sinto boxer Johann 'Rukeli' Trollman.

'Trollmann became famous in the late 1920s. On 9 June 1933, he fought for the German light-heavyweight title and although he clearly led by points over his opponent Adolf Witt, the fight was judged "no result". The audience rebelled, and the Nazi officials were forced to acknowledge Trollmann as the victor. Six days later, however, he was again stripped of the title. A new fight was scheduled for 21 July, with Gustav Eder as Trollmann's opponent. Trollmann was threatened that he had to change his "dancing" style or lose his licence. Trollmann, of Sinti heritage, arrived the day of the match with his hair dyed blonde and his face whitened with flour, the caricature of an Aryan. He took the blows of his opponent as he was asked for five rounds before he collapsed.

The persecution of Sinti and Roma in Germany dramatically increased in the following years. Sterilization often preceded their internment in concentration camps, and Trollmann too underwent this operation. In 1939 he was drafted into the Wehrmacht, and fought on the eastern front. He was wounded in 1941 and was returned to Germany as a result. The Gestapo arrested him in June 1942, and he was interned in Neuengamme concentration camp. He tried to keep a low profile, but the camp commandant had been a boxing official before the war and recognized Trollmann. He used Trollman as a trainer for his troops during the nights. The prisoners committee decided to act, as Trollman's health deteriorated. They faked his death and managed to get him transferred to the adjacent camp of Wittenberge under an assumed identity. The former star was soon recognized and the prisoners organized a fight between him and Emil Cornelius, a former criminal and hated Kapo (a prisoner given privileges for taking on responsibilities in the camp, often a convict working for a reduced sentence or parole). Inevitably Trollmann won. Cornelius soon sought revenge for his humiliation and forced Trollmann to work all day until he was exhausted, before attacking and killing him with a shovel. Trollmann was just 35 years old.'

But hey let's make another biopic about Steve Jobs.

1 person likes this.
  3. GlitteryCake

GlitteryCake Active Member

I am very happy to say that I saw Tove Lo in concert last night.

I picked up her album without any intention of becoming a huge fan and wow, I contradicted myself!

[​IMG]
    (Taken by me)

4. Novak

Novak Active Member

Whoa, that's some grade A concert photography. Magazine worthy.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bigxavy

Bigxavy New Member

ViniloVersus! an excellent rock band from Venezuela!

6. GlitteryCake

Crash Test Dummies were my favourite band for a majority of my childhood. I enjoy his low voice!

1 person likes this.
  7. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Blast from the past ... haven't heard that for 20 years!

8. Skevin

Skevin Member

Another blast from the past, because yes, 2013 qualifies as the past. Britney exhibits her impressive vocal range. A one to watch.

9. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Even with the sound down I liked that :razz::biggrin:

10. Novak

Novak Active Member

11. goose

goose Active Member

12. GlitteryCake

Happy Holidays.

13. Rood

Rood Active Member

14. Atreyu

Atreyu Member

If you listen to this with some good headphones, its like you are on an intense adventure! :eek::biggrin:

15. Rood

Rood Active Member

16. Peter

Peter Administrator

This is simple but an Old Skool classic and I love it:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  17. GlitteryCake

18. Atreyu

Atreyu Member