Waltham Abbey Wanderers Unite!

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by Piggie, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Piggie

Piggie New Member

Some of us already know about this, but it's becoming increasingly popular we thought we'd open it up to every forumite!

It's the next iSketch Forum Meet! :biggrin:

Waltham Abbey, Essex
    Just off junction 26 of the M25

Saturday 19 May 2007

More details will be posted within the next day or so but, in the meantime, if you are interested then please pm me and I'll give you more details.

I will need to know how many will be going and if you'd be interested in ten pin bowling during the afternoon. Oh, if you are coming, you WILL be interested in it!!​

2. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

Wowzers... that's a bit short notice!
    *sulks*

3. Piggie

Piggie New Member

Nothing like spur of the moment thing!! It's three weeks to go yet!!

4. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

I love a bit of spontaneity as much as the next fella... except when it means I miss out on a day of beer, bowling and bebauchery. hehe

5. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

Its only one night, ill exspect you there kilty.
    Dont let us down again lol:razz:

6. Fender

Fender Resident Chimp

Piggie, excuse my ignorance, but when was bowling decided to be during the afternoon? .. I thought it would be during the evening like at Henley. Nobody tells me anything anymore, it's not like the mini-meet was partly my idea is it!! :razz:

* Fender will await further details of this weekend of debauchery with interest .. and a certain level of trepidation

7. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

Fen, dont you get it ?.
    Your a man you lol, women do the organisation haha.
    :eek:

8. jewels

jewels New Member

Waltham Abbey, is not to far from my home town, I best make the effort and show myself.

Re: bowling, the nearest bowling alleys are about a 20 minute drive away, there used to be 1 at David Lloyd center Enfield but it has been turned into a squash/tennis courts now.

I know this area very well so please pm me if you need info.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  9. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

I cant wait for the meet, hopefully a few will turn up

10. Facey

Facey New Member

I'm sorry but I can't make it :cry: I have a wedding that day. I haven't been to Waltham Abbey for a few years now and it would've been so great to be able to go. Hope you all have a really great time. I know you will :biggrin: xxxxxxx

11. jewels

jewels New Member

As It is cup final day on the 19th, Mr jewels will be going via Waltham Abbey to meet some of this friends to watch the match, so I may get him to drop me off, thus although he already knows Tuppence and has met fruity, would be nice for him to meet the rest of you.
    Quite a few isketch players live not to far from here so a few more might pop along, also our very own msnerdinator and AJ aren't a million miles away.

Looking forward ( I think) to meeting piggie and fairynuff, and seeing the regulars again whom I have already met.

edit: aww facey, well if the wedding is called off, please join us.

12. kisskiss

kisskiss Guest

Sorry but I have bad news for you guys..... I JUST BOOKED!!! See you there xx

13. FairyNuff

FairyNuff New Member

Fairy is sooo excited about meeting you nutters!!! Who knows, I might even piddle some glitter I'm so excited!

14. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

* MsNerdinator moves to Mars, heh
    Yeah, me and AJ aren't too far at all from the meet. Sadly, I won't be making it though. It would have been nice to meet you guys, but trust me, you won't want us there.... especially when it comes to the visual aspects.. :razz:
    * MsNerdinator snickers

15. jewels

jewels New Member

aww msnerdinator, don't worry our visual aspects aren't great either, plus a few beers soon sorts that out, Please think about it:razz:

edit: for fear of slaps, when I say our visual aspects, our = my.

16. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

Oh nerdy and AJ yes please consider it, as jewels said as visual aspects go, you would be kinder on the eyes than some of us lol:eek:

17. Buffers

Buffers Guest

You tend to find that when you get a group of isketchers together... once they start chatting no-one really thinks about what anyone else looks like anyway.. after all... it wasn't because of what we look like we all want to meet, it's because of who we are and what we've meant to each other.

Also.. picking on appearance tends to be something done by people who have no confidence in themselves... in order to make them feel better. They're usually not up to much if they feel the urge to needlessly put people down. If I see someone do that, I keep my distance, they usually have their head up their bottom, lol. I'm sure there's no-one who would do that... not without being beaten about the head with my XXL 'I beat Anorexia' t-shirt. :razz:

* Buffers hugs Nerdy tightly and grins.. 'You're only hiding 'cause you know we'd all be jealous' :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2007
  18. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

That 'hiding' comment has a double meaning, heh.
    * MsNerdinator winks at Buffs..
    And I absolutely agree with everything you've said, :) (well, minus the comment above, lol!) You know me, and I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from too.. ;)
    * MsNerdinator hugs Buffs back.. and bestows her a kissy :p
    Hmm.. jewels has now blackmailed me. I need to work around it. :twisted:

19. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

Ha ha buffers, well said.
    I have to agree, we have made friends with each others personalities,Not our looks.
    I see everyone as equal human beings, and i always will.
    I love all of you isketchers, you have become a big part of my free ME ME ME time.:razz:

20. Tigeress

Tigeress Forum Feline

That made me smile Buffers :biggrin: It's nice to know that there are people out there who don't pick on appearances. When i say appearances.....i mean my height and the fact that i look 12 :razz: It's amazing how some people can just stare at you and then ask whether i'm really 23.

* Tigeress hugs Buffers

Btw..i ain't coming! lol