Voting privileges removed

Discussion in 'iSketch' started by dr_acula, Oct 30, 2007.

1. dr_acula

dr_acula New Member

Here's what happened:

This girl voted to boot me out for no apparent reason:
    -I broke no rules
    -my username wasn't offensive
    ..and so forth.

She was possibly a newbie and testing the button out but anyway, I gave her a taste of her own medicine and proceeded to do the same to her. But my mistake was checking 'no reason, just felt like it' when I was asked for my reasoning to boot her out, and as a result, my voting privileges have been removed.

I also cannot warn anybody if they are writing letters etc.

My question is: how do I get my voting privileges back?
    Please say I can..:(

Also, I know some may be thinking "she could be lying" but I assure you I am not. If I had plenty of time on my hands, I would have taken a screenshot but as I don't, I didn't.

Thanks for reading this chums ;)

2. sense

sense Super Moderator

First of all, it's not a good idea to vote on someone just to give a "taste of their own medicine". It can be frustrating, I know, to have someone booting for no reason. Best to keep to an open mind in case it was a misunderstanding.

Keep playing, and you will get your voting privileges back eventually.

3. dr_acula

dr_acula New Member

I'll bear that in mind next time. Thanks for your help dude.

4. Nay

Nay New Member

Hah, I used the 'No reason, feel like it' option once, by accident. It's the default option and my browser froze momentarily when I wanted to select one of the other options. I didn't realise that immediately and clicked the Vote button...

Let's just say I played a few rounds of Blitz afterwards :D

5. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

Very eventually. Sorry dr acula.

6. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

I've clicked it once just to see what it did (was still voting for valid reason).

It's a mistake everyone, including actual vote abusers, only makes once.

7. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

Try a User Created Room - Set Number of games to 50 and word list to Double Trouble. Then immerse your keyboard in a bucket of cloudy ammonia solution.

This should solve almost any of your iSketch related problems.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  8. dr_acula

dr_acula New Member

heh yea I kind of knew it'd take a long while before I get my voting privileges back. I've learned my lesson :(

:( *sobs*

dang nabbit

I was so mad when I realised what had happened. TRICKERY!

..lol.
    *plays more rounds*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  9. Tink

Tink New Member

I made the same mistake myself when I was a young *cough* virginal n00b who'd just been let loose with voting privs lol

10. *AJ*

*AJ* New Member

I still think it was funny when an admin mistakingly took away my voting privs instead of clearing the votes to skip/boot me. She gave them back as soon as she'd realised :)

11. Mellow

Mellow New Member

I admit that this happened to me once when I was a newbie and was too busy to put the real reason for the vote, so I picked the first best thing that came up :embarrassed:

*AJ*, lol that's happened to me too. Are you sure it wasn't me?? I remember the poor player being so confused as to why their privileges were removed...oops :sad:

12. *AJ*

*AJ* New Member

Wasn't you but I do *think* you did something with me once. It is funny when that happens though. If it was an admin I knew I'd remind them constantly :twisted:

13. Paul237

Paul237 New Member

I'd have a word with an administrator if I were you. If they're feeling generous, they might give them back to you on the basis that you've learnt your lesson.

I personally think it's a silly feature anyway, especially when people might want to vote quickly so they can get back to guessing. If they want people to choose a valid reason, then they should take the invalid one away.

14. Nateman

Nateman New Member

It takes 10 games to get your vote back. unless i am mistaken, when an admin takes your vote, you are basically set to newbie status once again without getting the dot or having your stats reset.

15. Charlotte!

Charlotte! New Member

Erm, I've counted how many hours to it takes to get your vote back. It takes 7 hours, that's fast so don't worry!

I'm not sure whether you'd get that dot.../your stats removed though. :?:

16. Nateman

Nateman New Member

Your experiences are different than mine then. I've had my vote taken many a times. 10 games is all it takes for me. Maybe it depends on the admin/offense/recurrences etc. ( i know im a bad bad man)

17. Charlotte!

Charlotte! New Member

My voting privilages won't taken away from an admin but blame it on my stupidness - click the button I shouldn't have clicked (No reason - just feel like it)