Visitor logs

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Rood, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Rood

Rood Active Member

Is it just me/my computer, or can we no longer see who's logged on in the last 24 hours?

I quite liked being able to see this as it was nice to see who's still popping in every now and then to visit, and to see when someone was last on... as stalkery as that may be :razz:

I think it was also good because guests were able to see from a quick glance that actual members do indeed still visit this place, and I think that makes it more inviting.

That's my two cents anyway... how awkward would it be if it was just my computer that was deciding to not show this part? :eek:

2. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

You're talking about this?

[​IMG]

3. Rood

Rood Active Member

I am indeed!

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Stalkers :xD: Although it may seem like the forum can't count because everyone has the ability to browse the forums in "Invisible Mode" (check the first box on your Edit Options page), meaning you can hide yourself.

I see Aless is hiding with his little star next his name, bless :razz:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  5. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

I thought about editing the star out, but decided against it. I am here quite often, and I'd rather remain hidden when I am following spiders.

(Also, you can go to someone's profile and look for Last Activity, which won't be there if they're invisible.)

6. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Ah yes, you're right, sneaky hider :razz:

Also if you hover over someone's name on the "seen within 24 hour list", it will tell you what time they last visited :)

7. Peter

Peter Administrator

Can you show us a screenshot Rood?

Is it possible you've collapsed the box by pressing the arrows on the right?

8. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

I don't have the box .....and no collapsed boxes. It was there a few days ago, disappeared recently.

9. Peter

Peter Administrator

Forgive me if this is an insulting question but, are you on the homepage?

I'd suggest everyone who is having issues clicks the logo at the top-right and then press Ctrl + F5 (hard refresh) and see if it's still missing. If that doesn't work perhaps try a different browser and see if the issue is still there.

10. Rood

Rood Active Member

This is all I see.

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

That's weird, you don't even have the collapsible bar bit of it. Can you see it when you are not logged in?

12. jenni939706

I was so on the home page...I get the same thing Rood gets.

tsk. questioning my basic intelligence....... :p

13. Rood

Rood Active Member

Yup, can see it when I'm not logged in for some reason.

Also, on a side note, whenever I try to click on one of the images in the gallery it says I don't have permission.

14. jenni939706

:(

"jenni939706, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

15. Peter

Peter Administrator

I think this must be something to do with the recent change to allow users with > 500 custom ranks. When you hit 500 you get migrated to a new usergroup, the permissions should be the same (apart from the ability to change your title) but looks like I might have messed something up -.-

16. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

:lol: There's the rub! Exceed 500 posts and you will never, ever, ever get past it!

I'm sure Peter and his wizard skills will sort out your problems though! It's better to find out now and give it a tweak!

17. Peter

Peter Administrator

Hopefully problems are resolved now. Those who I suspect were affect should have received a PM =)

18. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Resolved...thanks Peter :smile:

19. jenni939706

Yepsies :D thanksies :) (I feel special now)

20. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

:lol: me too