Uploading pictures on the forum

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by 2.0, Apr 8, 2007.

1. tasha

tasha New Member

I meant.. uploading to the forum??

D'you mean upload it to an imagehoster then post it here?
    Or like..save it to your computer first?

2. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

OK, now i'm confused. :embarrassed:

There's 2 main ways to have an avatar, one of which has 2 ways of doing it.

1- upload the avatar to the forum and have it displayed as your avatar, which can be achieved by going HERE, clicking on browse, find the picture and hit save changes.

or

2- hotlink
    2.1- hotlink from any website
    2.2- upload to an image hosting website and hotlink from there
    Any of those 3 scenarios is OK by me, but i'd rather have you do #1 and 2.2, but if you wish to do #2.1, given the size of the avatar, it's fine.

3. tasha

tasha New Member

Ohhhh.

Okay.
    That's much clearer- thanks for your tiiiiiiime! =]

4. SamIAmPA

SamIAmPA New Member

I didn't get the insert image box when I pressed the gelb-whatever(advanced) button?

5. Vik

Vik New Member

Really? It's the picture of a grey mountain with the sun, on a yellow background...

If it doesn't show up for you, you can always just type in the thing it gives you when you press it, i.e. [IMG ] [/IMG ] (but without the spaces after the 'G'). Then simply paste the link to the image between those two 'img' tags.

6. jewels

jewels New Member

Try using this link http://imageshack.us/

then using the first link as shown below, just copy and paste it, you can do this without even having to use the go advanced feature. ( it's alot quicker to do, but you can not use it if posting a picture within a picure/image.

[​IMG]

edit: oh, i'm not sure if this is classed as hotlinking, mods please confirm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  7. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

See this image:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry it seems obvious, i took it from a few posts upstairs in the thread. No harm intended.

Anyway, you click on that you'll get a popup that asks you to paste the image link into it. Paste it, click ok, and that should appear in IMG tags where you left the cursor in the text box.

EDIT: or your could use the same links from the image hosts that jewel's uses for her posts (the link, not the host, it's indifferent which host you use as long as you dont hotlink from just any website), it's easier and it works the same.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  8. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

ftp uploads to photobucket.

Not that this is really about putting pics on the forum, but it's kind of related if you are a www.photobucket.com user.

Here’s a neat little trick I recently learned for doing bulk uploads to www.photobucket.com

You open up My Computer and in the address bar you type this

ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@ftp.photobucket.com

Obviously USERNAME is your own ID and PASSWORD is your own password, remember to separate them with a colon – just copy and paste the link above and edit it with your own details.

Then press Go.

It opens up just like a normal folder on your hard drive, only it’s in Photobucket.
    You can then drag and drop or copy and paste pictures into the folder.

Once you’re done and the ftp upload is finished, you can log on to Photobucket and voila! There are all your pictures.

9. Cunny_Funt

Cunny_Funt New Member

OKies, I have no problems with uploading pictures onto forum. But lately when I have put a birthday msg/picture on forum for my friends it works, then 2 days later or less it comes up with a msg box from photobucket to upgrade to pro as bandwidth has exceeded. Anyone got any ideas as to what im doing wrong ? Would appreciate it if someone could let me know

10. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

I have seen this happen with your pics. I look one minute and its showing the message, then next time I look its back with the full pic.

Maybe you need to fork out the $29 US to get ot sorted, but I dont think thats the soultion (I did it so I could make bigger slideshows).

It could be that you have reached or neared your capacity for storage?
    I have taken to only keeping my special pics on photobucket and have opened and imageshack account for posting to forums.

11. Cunny_Funt

Cunny_Funt New Member

Thanks for the quick reply there BM, the thing is I don't have any personal pics on photobucket. I just use it for things like congratz, happy birthday etc..

12. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

Time to switch services cunny... As BM said, photobucket has limits and so on.

Try:

www.imageshack.us
    www.webshots.com

13. HannahCat

HannahCat New Member

Can I put pictures of my cat

14. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator