"This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."

Discussion in 'Games and Competitions' started by tgfcoder, Jan 16, 2009.

1. tgfcoder

tgfcoder New Member

It seems that sometimes the second time I go to submit a score for a game, it says that the score didn't come from the game and that my score won't be saved :sad: Has this happened to anyone else before?

"This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."

Err, it might be because I'm hitting the "Back" button...

Yeah, I think that's it.

2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Sometimes it happens when you play a game for a long time. It will log you out of the forum when that happens. I learnt that the hard way.

If this is the case, just click the "Remember Me" box when you log in and this shouldn't happen :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Yeah, that does have an effect on it, sadly. Best to avoid the back button and just start fresh. Or sometimes, like db said, it logs you out. And other times.. it's just a wedgie, to be honest.. and does it for a random different reason :/

4. Peter

Peter Administrator

If you do the 'remember me' thing and avoid the back button you'll be okay. Long games shouldn't with the new version of the arcade... I won't bore you with the technicalities, lol.

Also some games that weren't modified correctly for the arcade may give that message...

5. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

Yeah, if you're inactive for some time the forum will sign you out, and if you're not signed in your score will not be saved and gives you that message.

Have to check remember me when logging in. If you are on a shared computer and worry about other ppl using your account, don't forget to sign out.

6. charlotte

charlotte New Member

i am so VERY annoyed with this thing.

so usually when i play a game, i tend to keep 2 browsers open, one the game, the other another of isketchforum.net, and i keep that just to check if im still logged in. so i'd clicked Remember Me, and i when i checked the other browser, i was still logged on and was able to post, but when I submitted it gave me this warning!

i'd played until i reached a 110,000+ score and submitted - and it gave me this stupid, damn message. this is SO frustrating!

can the mods do anything about this? can you change my score?

please... you gotta understand how i feel. i checked, i was still logged on. but when i submitted, it showed me that message. and when i looked at the top right corner, i WAS still signed in.

i wont wanna play another game cause it'd take too much of my time and probably the next time i do, it may just show me that message when i submit again.

wth is the problem??

P.S. i was playing Penguin Pass, you should probably know that.

7. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Ach charlotte, painful :( We of the Mahjong Connect brigade feel your pain!

But maybe you should maybe keep all your penguin pass energy for the tournie - the way it looks is that you and Donuts are gunna play off in the final round ;)
    *hugs*

8. charlotte

charlotte New Member

oh, i realised it wasnt my fault... i thought the message appeared because i pressed "Back" before i started the game, but when i tried again and didnt press Back, it still gave me that message. WHY? i'm really annoyed.

[​IMG]

see? and i dont know what exactly is wrong :( i may have played for too long... but it doesnt mean they can stop me from submitting my score!! :(

i do hope someone will "compensate" me because this has taken way too much of my time and effort!

dont just say sorry :(

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  9. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

looking at the bottom right hand corner of your screenshot... it says "waiting for www.isketchforum.net".

Not sure whether this may be a cause of your score not submitting? I will flag this up to Peter so that he can investigate.

10. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I noticed this unsubmitted score message coming up a few times recently even though it kept me logged in because I checked the "Remember Me" button.
    My score was actually submitted though when I returned to the arcade a few seconds later.

11. charlotte

charlotte New Member

anyway, during a period of time i was playing the game, the screen hanged for awhile, and when i submitted, it was in slow motion, like it froze. :( then the loading www.isketchforum.net... appeared.

i just managed to play a short game - i dunno how i made it to the top position in just 1 hour ;) cause i was timing myself... 5 minutes, 5000. 1 min, 1000. so in about 10 mins i was playing with a score of 10,000 ;P
    but anyway, please resolve the matter asap... give me back my real highscore of 120,000!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  12. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

aw char, hang in there.....if it can be resolved it will be.
    In the meantime, how's about taking that last spot in the Paintball tourny so we can start it ;)

13. charlotte

charlotte New Member

fine.... just cause you said it :p

im rubbish at that game btw..... *admits defeat*