Social Groups on iSketch Forum

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TempusFugit, Jul 18, 2013.

1. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

For all new members (waves) and regulars, just a heads-up that there are groups you can join/create. I would however, remind members that the groups MUST full into specific categories (as outlined by Peter here).

Group creation is relatively easy but if you do have any difficulties, give one of us a shout.

There are three Group Types:

1. Public
    2. Moderate
    3. Invite Only

Furthermore, the 'creator' has the following 'group options':

1. Enable Albums
    2. Enable Messages
    3. Users must join to view the content

The rules of the forum still apply however, groups offer the opportunity to talk about particular areas of interest etc., in a space 'off the forum'.

Finally, there are some defunct groups that will be deleted shortly.

Happy Grouping! :hug:

2. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

*Cough* Let's bring the "Photographic Challenge" back

3. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Seconded :)

4. TempusFugit

Oh... go on then!!! My photography skills have now taken on a new level (macro-photography being one of my preferred styles at the moment).

If you are interested - I will select a theme and we will go from there :) New photographers welcome of course!

5. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

Yes, please!

6. Novak

Novak Active Member

Count me in.

7. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

So the Photographic Challenge social group is back up and active again by (fairly) popular demand! TF and I decided that as Shiny_Penny isn't that much of a regular visitor here, I'll be looking after the group for the foreseeable future.

The format shall be similar to last time, where there will be one challenge roughly every fortnight with a varying theme each challenge. I shall explain this in detail on the Photographic Challenge social group page itself. The first challenge will start soon.

And remember, even though Peter will be deleting groups that have fizzled out, it's possible to resurrect them, as long as the group is active, sustainable and has a purpose :)

8. TempusFugit

Just a FYI:

If you join a group, you should also subscribe in order to keep up to date with posts etc.

If you are not sure how, when you view the social group, scroll down to 'group tools' in the 'Social Group Discussions' (top left hand corner) and select from the drop down box.

:biggrin:

1 person likes this.