[Sport] So....Can you guys PLAY the sports?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jenni939706, Jul 13, 2008.

1. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

meh, first time creating a thread, but i just had to ask and there wasnt a thread yet to ask this question..

I know you guys love WATCHING the sports (since i've heard enough of my share of play by play football/soccer...yes i said soccer, games and tennis matches) but im wondering,

Are anyyy of you GOOD at playing any of them? ;)

(oh just a btw, im just wondering if YOU guys are good at them... im not the best at any of them, but if you ask me to play...im decent..)

2. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

I'm ok at playing football and tennis (but I'm much better at watching them! :p)

Cricket is my forté :razz:

3. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Sports? What's that again?

Let's put it this way, I can't be bothered to run around a field chasing a ball but I don't mind watching other people do that once every four years, and if I had to play cricket, I'm better off fielding. :p

4. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

[me]* Capt_Sparrow positions storm at deep extra cover :twisted:[/me]

5. Peter

Peter Administrator

Having lived about 5 minutes cycle from the beach all my live I'm big on my surfing (shredding on a shortboard none of this hang 10 crap) and skimboarding but we're a bit short of shore break around here. I longboard (skate longboard) which can be great fun and is a cheap way of getting around. I've also quite gotten into basketball in the last few months but still suck a lot.

Oddly enough I don't watch any sport, although that'd probably be different if we got the NBA over here.

6. jenni939706

lol, we can get the surfing part of you from your avatar peter :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Skateboarding is cool, I like watching people do tricks on them. Never been on a skateboard though. Skateboarding's one of those things I wish I could do, but I don't have the guts to, in case I fall off and break an arm o_O

And Sparrow: I had to look that up...

You don't wanna do that, if you want to win lol

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  8. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

Team sports i play

Paintball - yes, it's a sport - well above average
    Football - above average
    Futsal - above average
    Baseball/softball - above average
    Field hockey - above average
    Basketball - slightly above average
    Volleyball - average

Other sports i do well - swimming, squash, drinking, snowboarding.
    Sports i suck at - tennis, chess, ice hockey.

9. Giovanni

Giovanni Guest

Sports I play:
    Swimming - Moi is one of the best swimmers not to go to China this year :p lol jokes, I've been swimming since I was....2 feet tall...so dis be my no 1 sport.

Football - Played 4 seasons for college and 2 for Uni team (retired now), coach threw me on the flank...cos Ive got decent speed (umm..being a bit modest there hehe...bring it on Theo Walcott and Usain Bolt!), but I prefer a more central role..to be more involved in the game. Oh and I was il capitano back in college XD

Futsal - Love the end to end..non stop action, the openness of play..etc. Recently lost in the semis of an inter Uni tournament....damn penalty shootouts! I did a Roberto Baggio...d'Oh!

Squash - I was experimenting with a few racquet sports, instantly fell in luv with this one...ahh the exhilaration! I am decent playa..

Surf and Snow - These are my elements...specially in the water.

Boxing - The martial arts...a real passion of mine. (I throw on some retro Bruce Lee/ Chuck Norris tees' from time to time lol) Record of 24-2-16 so far...Hoping to learn some Muay Thai on my travels one day...

Injuries: A broken nose and torn anterior ligaments from my right shoulder (happened when I landed on my elbow after heading out a corner kick..the next winter completely blew the same shoulder doing a maniac jump off the ski lift lol...still recovering after shoulder capsule shift surgery) and ofcoz lotsa cuts, gashes and bruises over the years X/ got some bad ass scars ;)

10. Jobe

Jobe Abministrator

Does sleeping count as a sport? If so then yes I can play a sport. :twisted:

Otherwise I used to do a lot of cycling for exercise (need to get my bike fixed) and a lot of hiking too. But not sure if they really count as sport.

11. jenni939706

sleeping doesnt count. -_-

12. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

* Saffron joins 2.0 in this sport:
    I played State League netball BC (before children), now I just play in a social division. Other than that I spend my time driving children around to their sports.

13. paintedlady

paintedlady New Member

The only sports I have done was synchronized swimming, when I was younger for a couple of years and then after I did swimming for a few years. I still swim on my own, whenever I decide to go into the pool :D

14. Levesque

Levesque New Member

Football is my forte, I was asked to play Free Saftey (starting) for my school team.

Next is Baseball, I have AWESOME power (not to brag, I can hit a 350 ft. Home Run :smile:), sub par contact. And great fielding. I used to play First Base.

And I'm HORRIBLE at hockey. I can't skate :sad:.

Not to toot my own horn. :biggrin:

EDIT ONE:

Chess is a sport? Who knew?

15. Nay

Nay New Member

Competition-wise, I've played football (soccer), but stopped a while ago. I've also played tennis, but stopped a few years ago. About a year ago, I played my last game at the Uni futsal team (I think the competition ceased to exist, but I'm not entirely sure).

I also like squashing for the same reasons as Gio. I've been skiing since I was 4, but always recreationally, but I've been out of it for nearly two years because I simply haven't been to the Alps in the winter...! I've tried snowboarding, but decided I preferred skiing, because it gives you more freedom. I also cycle a lot, but mostly for transportation. And I go to the gym.

Speaking of over-active.

16. Peter

Peter Administrator

That's a skimboard so ha! Way to short (and wide) to be a surfboard :razz:

Who's laughing now!

(I didn't incude snowboarding cos I don't do it regularly but come this winter I'll be tearing up the French Alps XD)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  17. Honey-Baby

Honey-Baby New Member

I can run track....and play some basketball..:smile: and maybe other sports I pretty much have no care for... But I mainly play those two :)

18. 830

830 Member

I'm alright at pool.

19. jenni939706

oh w/e peter, i dont do either...dont care :p XD all i see is a guy and a board. i TOLD you it shouldnt be black and white...

20. KittyKatt

KittyKatt New Member

Do Wii-sports count as sports? :p

On a serious note I used to play basketball for my school, until it sort of fizzled out and the school no longer had a team. I am very bad at most sports. I'm probably just above average at badminton.