Shockwave plugin

Discussion in 'iSketch' started by neilheran, Oct 5, 2015.

1. neilheran

neilheran New Member

Hi guys, sorry I'm a newb to the forums..

I am trying to play iSketch on a laptop I just bought and it's showing that I need to install Shockwave Plugin to play the game.
    I click on the link, download and install Shockwave as instructed. I close the browser, bring it up again, and it still says I need Shockwave. Even though it's on my laptop.
    As far as I can see, all options for Shockwave add ons are turned on. I'm trying Chrome, Firefox and IE, they all have the same issue.

Please can someone help! I'm using Windows Vista :)

ALSO: I've tried to find the NPAPI thing on Chrome, I cannot find it anywhere on the list :(

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. Rolf

Rolf Member

Hey, I know that it doesn't work on Chrome any more, full stop. Don't suppose you've tried the ol' turn it off and on again? :) Maybe it's one of those things that requires a restart to be properly installed?

3. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey neilheran, welcome to the forums :)

As Rolf has implied, Shockwave can sometimes be a bit temperamental. Try clearing your browser's cache first and restarting your computer second. You could also try uninstalling Shockwave before reinstalling it again, but make sure you do this only if the first two things don't work. To do this on Vista you need to:

1. Click the Start button and then click on Control Panel.
    2. Click on the Programs category and then open Programs and Features.
    3. Locate and click on Shockwave, and then click Uninstall.
    4. After completely removing Shockwave, visit https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ to reinstall it, select Windows as your operating system for Step 1 and make sure Step 2 is the full version of Shockwave.
    (Note: Uninstalling/reinstalling Shockwave may make you become an iSketch newbie again, which, in turn, may also temporarily remove your voting privilege. If this happens, simply play some games over a couple of weeks and you can reacquire it.)

Hopefully this will allow you to play once again, but do let us know how you get on :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015