[Contribution] PRETTY GRAPHICS WANTED

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Peter, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Peter

Peter Administrator

Reskinning an entire piece of forum software and, at the moment, all my 'forum time' is going towards coding a new gallery plugin (which is coming along nicely by the way). That said, there are probably some 'quick wins' which could be had, not least of which would be changing the default forum icons on the homepage:

[​IMG]

I sort of suck at making nice icons but I was thinking if anyone has a flare for graphic design whether they could design us some nice icons? Maybe an iSketch-like paintbrush or pencil would be apt?

Vector graphics would be best for futureproofing but anything would be better than nothing.

If more than one person contributes we can put it to a vote...

Payment would be in the form of love and respect from the community and a warm, fuzzy feeling every time you visit the site. Me/db have also been talking about the things we could do with the new features made available by XenForo so we may be able to slap a 'contributor' badge on your profile or something like that when we work it all out.

2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Christmas Style.png
    So here's a Christmas style one I designed a little while ago to fit the old vB forum. I'm sure I can find the original images somewhere so you can tweak the sizes.

We are also considering a few extra "perks" around the forum, once we get more familiar with new features :)

3. Peter

Peter Administrator

Very nice for Christmas, snowflake icons in spring/summer though? :p

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Haha, very funny. No, use it at Christmas, silly :p

5. Skevin

Skevin Member

I preferred the old skin.

6. Peter

Peter Administrator

Oh yes, well that will work :p

This is the default skin of the new software we are using until I have time to create a new one ;)

7. Skevin

Skevin Member

So the skin's going to be changed? I think it's better to decide the skin before making the graphics for it.

8. Peter

Peter Administrator

It will be reskinned from scratch so its a bit of a chicken or the egg scenario

9. goose

goose Active Member

Oooh, I like making graphics.. If I can get some free time, I'd be happy to try and make some.

Rood and Peter like this.
  10. Peter

Peter Administrator

Thanks!

11. goose

goose Active Member

Sorry it's taken me ages.. Been crazy busy lately. But I've come up with this: isketchicon1.png

Not sure how easy it is to make out everything when it's so little but I'd be happy to work on it some more or try a different idea entirely. I tried to match the colours from this page but if you plan on changing the skin/colours, I can adjust that quite easily.

ANNYYWAAAYS, thoughts/suggestions are encouraged!

Peter, db1986, Rood and 2 others like this.
  12. Skevin

Skevin Member

Don't trust a goose.

13. Peter

Peter Administrator

Thanks Goose, looks great! You are quite right about the colours perhaps changing but that is probably a way off so no need to worry about that now. Are you happy for me to desaturate that a little to make the inactive version or do you want to do one yourself?

14. goose

goose Active Member

Go for it! Did you need me to send you a different file type or are you able to work with that one?

15. Skevin

Skevin Member

Do you need any more graphics?

I'm feeling rather confident in my abilities. I felt my last forum avatar did no service to my gorgeous mug so a profile makeover was in order, with far more flattering results (and done under pen and easel, at that/mouse and whiteboard).

So if you have any other artistic demands be sure to direct them at this Michelangelo.