new Suggestion

Discussion in 'iSketch' started by aznfantasii, Dec 6, 2007.

1. aznfantasii

aznfantasii New Member

I think there should be a "report user" system where you can report a user abuse on the game cuz I've been seeing a lot of swearing at ppl for these couple of weeks..(i play everyday) :rolleyes:

2. Katie.Lemon

Katie.Lemon Active Member

you know, if you go on settings, on game options you can click 'block chat and room names containing rude words'
    i only found out about that not long ago, but would be good for you anti-swearing sort. Only thing is if theres a swear word contained in another word it stars them out, like ****roach (cockroach) etceteraaaaaaaaaa
    tis fun to play with though if your not anti-swearing :)

quite like the idea for this thread, but there mayyy be some similar, and theres always random complaints thread (unless you want reactions)

Welcome to the forum :)

3. BB

BB Guest

If another player abuses you there is the vote to boot function which also alerts admins. As Katie pointed out you do also have the language filter that can block out words you may find offensive. I should point out that swearing in itself is not strictly against the rules.

4. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

I assume you're meaning something like you click on their name and as well as the "boot" option there is "report" option?

The thing is, the person would be 'reported' to wherever, but with no evidence of what they have done - so would be better off sending screenshots etc to feedback than just reporting them by name. What sort of action do you want to be taken when someone is reported?

Also, since this is less effort than emailing, I suppose it would be more open to abuse - I can imagine every so often someone would go around reporting every user online or something.

Still it's a nice idea to improve ease of use...

As BB said, I think swearing is only against the rules if it's directed at another player, not just swearing in general. And yes, there is the option to turn off swearing - alternatively you can go to InkLink where you will be told "your chat contains innapropriate language and will not be sent to other users".

Of course, swearing isn't the only reason you may want to report somebody.