[Media] Movies/Films

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TempusFugit, Feb 28, 2007.

1. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

A place to discuss the latest movies and films... or indeed your favourite Movie/Film of all time :biggrin:

I have just watched Number 23... which was rather odd. It was unusual to see Jim Carey play a serious role - and whilst refreshing, I was expecting him to crack a joke - and he didn't. A very dark movie but would give it 7/10.

2. element212

element212 Guest

Final Destination 1,2 and 3 were all very good...
    i laughed when the kid was squished by the plate glass :razz:

3. HotPinkBunny

HotPinkBunny New Member

I think Saw III was good. It was sad [SPOIL]when the man messed up at the last and was not going to be able to find his daughter =(.[/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  4. element212

element212 Guest

Spiderman 3 is coming out soon too, im really interested in going to see it.. that's my choice new movie of the summer

5. HotPinkBunny

HotPinkBunny New Member

Silent Hill was a good move. They actually made all the monsters look almost real.

6. Peter

Peter Administrator

True Romance is my all time favourite film absolutely love it along with other neo-noir films such as Sin City.

Looking forward to Spidy 3 too. Saw the trailer a while back had he goes evil which should be interesting :D

Saw Hard Luck (2006 with Wesley Snipes) the other day which I throughly enjoyed, I looked it up on IMDB and must say I think it's very underrated!

7. element212

element212 Guest

i've never heard of true romance or saw hard luck.. but if you say they're good maybe ill check them out ;)

8. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

oh man i could spend hours writing on this thread. but for now:

Natural born killers
    The usual suspects
    The abyss
    Lock stock and two smoking barrels

I'll post some more once i fetch my list from imdb

9. Tigeress

Tigeress Forum Feline

I recently watched Blood Diamond at the cinema. Great film!!
    Wasn't how i expected to be honest but the whole film was fantastic and Leo's acting was top notch! Definately recommend :biggrin:

BTW.....has anyone seen Children of men?

10. Facey

Facey New Member

I hate to be such a girly movie lover but my fave film of all time is Amelie. I give it 10/10

There's been loads that I've wanted to see recently but haven't gotten around to it so I'm guessing my dvd collection's going to rise when they come out!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  11. Fy_Nyte

Fy_Nyte New Member

I saw it too! It really was a great film! My eyes were watering within the first 5 minutes of the film. It was quite "real" in a way, because it happens, no doubt about it :sad:

The other guy - Djimon Hounsou was really good too (Also from "Gladiator")

I can't help but pronounce his first name as digimon :embarrassed:

12. QUIKSILVER

QUIKSILVER New Member

I've just seen Wolf Creek.

/hides behind sofa

13. element212

element212 Guest

was wolf creek any good?

14. QUIKSILVER

QUIKSILVER New Member

Its kinda like hostal/saw/roadtripy thing

If thats any help

15. element212

element212 Guest

ooooooh... all good movies :smile:

16. QUIKSILVER

QUIKSILVER New Member

Its worth a watch..

My brother just got saw3, anyone seen it and is it as scary as the others?

17. TempusFugit

I don't like horror movies :eek: I normally run out screaming my head off after half an hour :embarrassed:

I am taking my mum and mother-in-law to see The Queen tomorrow night (special rerun as our Helen won an Oscar :biggrin:). I have already seen it, and enjoyed it immensely then, so am looking forward to seeing it again :biggrin:

18. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

I havent yet seen the queen, but i want to so ill go at the weekend:razz:

19. TempusFugit

I saw the School for Scoundrels the other night - I am embarrassed to say that as the cinema wasn't very full (only about ten other people), my husband and I were the only ones laughing hysterically at some of the scenes. It was a very good film, but I have the feeling that it only appeals to some people (perhaps those with a weird sense of humour :razz:)

20. Peter

Peter Administrator

I love that film! Gotta be in my top 5 list.