[Idea] Merging forum categories

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Peter, May 5, 2015.

1. Peter

Peter Administrator

iSketchForum.net will be turning 10 years old in about 11 months :excited: and I would love to see the forum buzzing again by then.

One idea I have toyed with for a while is reducing the number of forums (we added more categories when the board was very active, it makes sense to merge them when the board is less active). Thread prefixes, e.g. [Sport], [Media], will be created and their usage encouraged in order to maintain some sort of order, and I will ensure external links etc. continue to work.

I think it would create a less confusing user experience and potentially make the boards more active. This is one of multiple changes I wish to implement over the next year.

If anyone thinks this is a hideous idea or has any thoughts I would welcome feedback! Otherwise, I will implement this change by the end of May. :fangs:

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  2. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

hm. seems fine and all, but i think if you want people to be coming around....gonna take a fair bit more than messing with the forum formats.... <3

3. Peter

Peter Administrator

Indeed, you are right my dear! This would be the first of multiple changes I hope to see take place with the goal of increasing forum activity in time for our 10th birthday.

Am posting about this first as it is a 'quick win' but will soon be looking for feedback and ideas regarding other changes :)