Members Only Section

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by db1986, Jan 26, 2012.

1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey everyone :)

The above post of mine, which comes from the Picture Thread, made me think a little about some previous threads about new sections here. The reason I mention this, if you haven't gathered already, is that several members have posted their images on a public thread and that perhaps there could be an option to have them viewable by members only. Obviously what we post here is entirely own our respective decisions, but there could be a possibility of choice.

Prior suggestions come in the form of the Anonymous section and vaguely from the Allow swearing thread, as it could be adapted to having a separate area for this.

I know, as I already mentioned in the same thread, that we can post stuff on our profiles with customisable visibility, but I think this new Members Only section could host a variety of things such as competitions, contests and stuff that generally people don't wish to publish for guests to see.

Another possible benefit of this would be to perhaps further entice new members to join so that they can take part in these non-global threads.

Anyway, enough from me, thoughts anyone?

2 people like this.
  2. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

I think this is a spanking idea! I am sure you are aware that only Administrators of the forum have the authority to change the settings of this forum however, I give this my full approval.

Nevertheless, I do urge any current member to consider what they write and what images they post as anyone can join and view them. If you would like to share private photo's (and I mean nice ones, not the other 'private' ones :razz:), then you always have the option of uploading them to your profile and changing your settings that only 'friends' can see them.

DB... fantastic idea *clap, clap* and no... not the STD variety either :lol:

1 person likes this.
  3. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

I only recently discovered that non-friends can still view any conversation you have on your own profile page, if they are friends with the other member involved in the conversation:/ ./me votes to remove the "view conversation" button:p

2 people like this.
  4. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

:O I agree!

5. Jmac

Jmac New Member

:sad: Ruining all the fun :cry:

1 person likes this.
  6. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Oh yeah, nice spot, I wonder if that's possible too :)

Someone had to lower the tone :razz:

Oh, and just to add, it's probably better to have just one or two forum(s) as members only, rather than the whole forum. That would put people off I think :disapprove:

7. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

I agree!

We then can hand out members only jackets, FOR EVERYONE. Wearing them shall be compulsory for all members.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

I don't like the style...can we choose? :lol:

9. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

2.0 - I think it only fair that us Moderators and members with a post count exceeding 5,000 should be given the opportunity to wear pink, blue or green ;-)

10. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Ahhh...so I only have 4,626 posts to go then! Goodo!

In the meantime, I'll have purple please

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Woohoo, half way there :p