Know More

Discussion in 'Thread Games' started by ILoveMaths07, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

B) Legoooooooooooo

2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'll go for the last one left, which is C.

Somehow I don't think cricket in the garage is very practical, unless this is your garage :biggrin:

3. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

I was just keeping up with the C tradition.

A - Virtua Tennis 3. I was entertaining myself by making Nadal defeat Federer all around the world
    B - Yeah. 3 buckets of Lego bricks.
    D - I know Sorsie, I don't believe it either. But I don't really think Golf is my sport, though.

C - I did play cricket in the garage (indoor cricket? :idea:) two days before I posted the question. And cricket on the street today (haven't done that in over 15 years)

So.
    Over to you again, db.

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Are you sure the image linked above is not your garage, Aless? ;)

Which of these things is not true about me?

A. I broke a finger on my right hand playing cricket at school.
    B. One of my friends bought me a cowboy hat for my 19th birthday.
    C. I worked for a department store for only 3 days during my gap year from college.
    D. I passed all 12 of my second-year exams at university.

5. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

Nope, you've never seen Indian street cricket, have you? :p

So I am going to pick A.

6. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

7. KittyKatt

KittyKatt New Member

It would be really interesting if D was the lie, so unexpected :p

8. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

I'll round it off and say B, Deputy db.

9. KittyKatt

KittyKatt New Member

[me] * KittyKatt prods db [/me]

10. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

" Luckily I haven't hurt myself much, except for the quite occasional paper cut. Those really hurt btw :(
    My worst injury would have to be a broken finger whilst playing cricket at secondary school. I kinda forgot to put gloves on and the ball kinda hit my finger instead of the bat. My finger swelled up to twice its original size and went all black. I went to the school office to get a small bag of ice for it. My geography teacher in the next class then started moaning at me because I didn't write quick enough. What did she expect, I had to try to write as legibly as I could with my left hand -.- "

I had a feeling that it was his left hand, not his right. So... It's either me or bb... Let tortoise brother's special die decide!

11. Capt_Sparrow

I think Maths is quoting db from a previous post :p

1 person likes this.
  12. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Sorry, busy week and that.

The correct answer is actually B. My friend actually bought me a cowboy hat for my 18th birthday and not my 19th.

I ended up hitting a cricket ball with my finger instead of the bat in Year 8 and it broke. It swelled to twice its size and went all black and yucky.
    I helped out at Debenhams for 3 days during their 2 day Christmas Spectacular.
    And yes, I passed all of my second year exams first time, unlike the first year *cough* 33% *cough*

Over to the Avian One...

13. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

"I had to try to write as legibly as I could with my left hand -.- "

Oh, I'm so stupid. You can't really deduce anything from this, but assuming that most people are right-handed, you can assume that he hurt his right hand - that's why he had to write with his left hand, and he couldn't even do that.

If he were left-handed, he wouldn't have a problem of not being able to write legibly with his left hand.

Ah, but this analysis/deduction thing is making my head spin, so I'll stop deducing anything from that post...

14. Capt_Sparrow

That sounds like a pretty bad problem to me! But anyway, you can't deduce handedness solely from the injury as he'd be holding the bat with both hands so could potentially have injured either.

Aaaaaanyway, a question:

What is the most northerly point in the world that I have been to?

a) Lake District, UK
    b) Stockholm, Sweden
    c) Amsterdam, Netherlands
    d) Moscow, Russia

15. Casta_Diva

Casta_Diva New Member

ccccccccccccccc (?)

16. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

I'll go with the northernmost one in the list. Though I am quite sure its not the right answer :p

B

17. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

18. Capt_Sparrow

I have been to Amsterdam but the furthest north I've been is actually a) the Lake District.... over to you Maths!

19. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

"I have been to Amsterdam but the furthest north I've been is actually a) the Lake District.... over to you Maths!" ---> contradiction?

I have been to the North Pole but the furthest north I've been is actually the South Pole... :razz:

20. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

I see no contradiction. Amsterdam is south of Lake District.

1 person likes this.