iSketch Friends - Now and Then

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by db1986, Feb 11, 2012.

1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey everyone :)

Lately I've been flicking through a few screenshots of old games of iSketch and a few earlier threads on here, and come across a few friends with whom I used to play the game.
    I can safely say that most of us here have made a few virtual friends, be it in the past or fairly recently, but as with most things in real life, people move on for various reasons, and naturally some old virtual friends that used to frequent iSketch tend to drift apart. Some return, as I, myself have witnessed a little of not so long ago, either with the same name or icon, or a completely new username altogether. This is why I like having regular gatherings not just to meet up with current iSketch buddies, but hopefully meet new people and perhaps welcome back previous players :)

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a place for us all to remember our friends, now and then, on the premise that a) perhaps our old friends may see this thread and wish to catch up, b) we can recall, share and reminisce about stories featuring our old buddies and c) we can share information about any friends in common and possibly reconnect with other now inactive friends that other current friends can remember.

There are a few people with whom I'd like to meet up with again especially from my early days of sketching, namely limeon, Arri, ebonyphoenix, Edison, fishhiccups, fungus, Gunis_del, iloveneville and Sects/Gingly, all of which I met playing Science and Harry Potter with and others, some who are on this forum such as *AJ*, Buffers, Fender, Katie.Lemon, Lisa479, paintedlady, Saffron, Vik and Vixen.

Are there any old iSketch friends or stories that you remember, and/or do you know any of the others above? Share here :)

(Remember: It's best to talk about people using their username, but if you know of or use the person's real name, it's probably best to discuss them in PM :smile:)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

There are many and I don't know where to start! But I really miss Tobester whom I used to play Famous Faces;the room seems always empty all the time and no one to play :( Then there was Pan we loved to call him Nap and DG with her never ending laughter and energy,they were regulars on movies and two words bp etc... There was a very friendly and fun guy whom had an icon with an Indiana Jones hat on,elfy knows I can't remember his name sry...I'm missing Vixen and Zetters(zetta) too...and iCAT of course...Then I miss ShinnyPenny,I'm hoping she'll be back...
    There are many briefly...
    Thanks for the post db!
    Cheers!

3. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Good heavens...long time since I've seen Vixen, Zette and Otterdam! Oh hang on, only a few months ago for Zette...caught up with her then. Haven't seen iCat or fishhiccups since I dunno when. Really miss Alimick...good friend, same country. Occasionally see Smiliekiwi.
    I saw a Triangulus on the other night, but nah...it wasn't the same cheeky sod who draws well. I miss him! Such a long time, so many people, so many names to remember. Some great artists not around any longer...shame.

4. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

@ HD...who is DG? Don't remember them. I think you meant SIN55 - French Canadian guy with Indiana Jones hat ;) PanAtHome/Work I saw in animals (easy) a fair few months back now...he promised to look me up next time he played but I dunno, he had a new name and whatnot.
    I miss the Fictional Characters crowd...GoodSoulette, Tobester, SlowThinker,Doodle! and his bro, Bellicimo etc, and I haven't seen players like FelixDaCat, Triangulus, Downlord and Origamian for way too long. There's others who don't play anymore that I don't miss in the slightest:p Good riddance I say ;)

5. Jmac

Jmac New Member

I would play with Vixen, Otterdam, Shabbychic, and ThrillCat in the expert room. The first one I remember playing with back in the day was Nessarose in Blitz!

6. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I do remember the likes of GoudSoulette, Origamian, PanAtHome/Work and SIN55 (saw him a lot in Movies, I think?). I think I met them around the same time as we met Godiva :)
    I only met Tobester and Smiliekiwi once or twice, and I recently got confused when I mistook IKat for iCat :lol: Still, made a new friend over it :biggrin:

Of course I remember Bellicimo with his tree, martyr, mansss guesses. They made me laugh, bless him :razz: I didn't mention before some names like his because I still (ish) keep in contact with him and others like Shiny_Penny :)

7. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

well I was meaning I haven't seen them sketching in forever, I am in contact with a couple via fb or msn but tis not the same:/

8. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Godiva dear DG was good friend of Pan..I used to play at movies which you don't fancy...anyways, yes SIN wow Geez I couldn't remember for a sec...and Origamian of course how it did not come to my mind...;/ Long time no see belli neither and who was the woof anyway? :p yeah I got some of them on FB too but hell not the same I agree! and Doodle it's been over a year he was on and he told me he did not know why he was there even lol...and his bro umm I knew the name name on EPUC but can't remember now both awesome drawers from Netherlands... Well at least I have you guys on there still so Happy Valentines whatsoever day!meeeh...

9. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Yes you're right Divafeatures, it's not the same without them :( Come back to iSketch :)

I don't remember of DG and rarely played with Doodle. And Holy, Belli was woof for a while :biggrin:

10. Gunis_del

Gunis_del New Member

my its been some time, who reigns on the science throne these days?

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Now here's a blast from the past, so to speak :biggrin:

I haven't played Science properly for a little while, so I'm not sure who is "the best" at it now, but maybe now you're back we could have a small challenge? :wink:

12. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Oh yes! Woof of course..I remember his wagging dog icon still!...sigh* come back people! ]:{

13. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

gunis_del havent seen you in a while, how have you been?. I've been roaming the old rooms and it seems nobody plays science anymore. Tandem is often empty too. It's sad.

I remember playing with lots of people who were more or less online friends, but right now i cant remember their names :s

14. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

That's disrespectful 2.0. :lol:

Fancy not remembering their names. :rolleyes:

That's bad innit?

15. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'm sure they'll come to mind, 2.0 :)

16. Lego

Lego New Member

I remember when 5 strokes was always full. Some names that I remember that maybe are still playing but I'm not playing much lately so I don't know: pixiblu, Sybarite, Shiny_Penny, Bellicimo, Zette, fastfingers, Lazydiver :p , Indi, Ruby_Shoes, SlowThinker, m2g, Alessadri, SpiritWorker, mrs sarcastic :p (she was the best)
    ...and some others that will come to mind and other names that I didn't usually play with

oh and how to forget all the "nice people" in Turkish rooms and some generic sexyblonde drawing pron in easy rooms

2 people like this.
  17. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

pixiblu still plays, as does m2g and Alessadri. I haven't seen Sybarite or Shiny_Penny, Bellicimo or Zette, around for a very long time!

18. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

it was Ms, not Mrs, ACKCHERLEE lego :p heheheheh <3

19. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Out of those I've recently seen pixiblu, Lazydiver (I guess this is Holy :p:), m2g, Aless, SpiritWorker and sarcy (although she has changed her name, bet you can guess who it is :lol:). Haven't seen any of the others for a while now, although I saw Zette and Belli around the time of the last tourney I hosted a couple of months back. I think Belli still keeps an eye on the forum though, he seems to appear when there's a tournament :excited:

20. Rood

Rood Active Member

I haven't seen Indi in a while, I miss that fella.