Holiday Season 2009 Drawing Competition

Discussion in 'Games and Competitions' started by jenni939706, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

Holiday Season 2009
    ***Drawing Competition***

Okay, so, because of other comps and other things going on, we havent exactly had only a drawing competition in forever (well, maybe a year. but my memory fails most of the time. so excuse me please :) so here we go

So, :) because I know people are busy 99.9% of the time plus I think the last dux will be going on during this time, so I want to give everyone a heads up about this :D

********************************************************************************************
    Overview: Drawing competition = draw a picture and submit it, people shall vote, and the most popular picture wins

Picture must have: one or more (more = Big Picture) of the holidays during the holiday season (listed below)

Topics: any holiday during the holiday season: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, and any others I might have forgotten

Edit: any holiday from now (Oct 7) to the end of January

(please nothing like the national day of donuts -_- although a picture like that would be AMAZING, no. sorry.)

How to Submit Pictures: pm them to me (upload onto something like photobucket and insert image into pm with the image link) or msn - jen939708@live.com (attaching images is fine)

Edit: any image posted in this thread will not be put into the poll.

Edit: yes that is my email, 939708 (08 is the year that i make the account)

Due by: Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 (8pm US Eastern Time)

Voting: (depending on when I figure out how to make a poll?) Thursday, December 17th, 2009 - December 24th, 2009

Edit: no searching for anything around the forum. and db wont make u search either.

********************************************************************************************

(btw, dates are based on what I know bout the holidays..which is just Christmas -_- love my knowledge, sorry... umm so yeah)

you have lots and lots of timeee :) so it shouldnt be too harddd

remember :p this is an isketch forum ;) we draw :D ^_^ (and im jealous of all the studio pics. so this should be no problem for people ;) <3

You can draw up to three pictures, only the one with the most votes will be counted (no winning first, second, and third place)

Make sure each picture you send has a title (or i'll be giving it a title. and im not creative)

-Jen

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I like this idea Jenga, plus people have lots of time to draw and perfect their drawings :)

[me]* db1986 flies off to make the perfect stick person[/me]

3. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

Is it just iSketch studio pics or....?

I probably won't use e-mail to send an entry, but can you just confirm that it's 939708, not 939706? (and if that's the case, WHY?)

4. jenni939706

hm.. i should make it just studio pics XD but nah :) use whatever imaging program u want :) u can even draw on paper and scan if u reallyyy want :D

lol, it should be 939708, the last two numbers are just when i make the account (i joined isk in 06, made my msn in 08)

5. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

Can I try my best to win this competition (from the bottom)? I suck at drawing... I guess I'm the only person here on iSketch who's NOT an artist. I've seen everyone draw, and even the ones who say that they don't draw well draw well! I know no one's ever going to vote for mine, and my drawing is not going to be any better even if you give me two years to do it, so uhh... Should I give it a try? Will I get 'THE WORST ARTIST ON ISKETCH' award (if there's any)?

6. moobydick

moobydick New Member

my entry

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. storm

storm Forum Tempest

When you say "holiday season" do you mean holidays that come in December/January only?

You might get pity votes. :twisted: It has happened before :p

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  8. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

When Jen was talking about it with me she mentioned including Halloween as well, although she didn't mention Halloween specifically, I think she meant too ;)
    I think that's one of the reasons why she is starting it early, as well as it being during the last round of the Dux, too :)

9. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

Very nice idea Jen, I'm looking forward to it :) At the end, we won't have to find Christmas trees around the forum will we? :rolleyes:

Oh and maths, be creative ;)

10. jenni939706

uh...hm.. eh, fine :p any holiday from now untilllll february..

and please no random ones like national day for muffins.

and no submissions in this thread. all images must be pm'ed to me or emailed to me :)

and maths :) ur pic will be fineeee, believe me , im not the greatest artist ever either

i promise no christmas trees hidden around the forum.

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

That's my job ;)

1 person likes this.
  12. Jmac

Jmac New Member

hehe.... My best touchpad entry will be submitted (probably near the deadline as i really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like to procrastinate) but then again, i may change and submit it earlier, who knows!

* Jmac scurries off to figure out how the isketch studio thingy works

13. jenni939706

i'll edit the first post to explain specifics/answer questions :)

anddd. db shall not be hiding anything.

14. Casta_Diva

Casta_Diva New Member

Maths....you could always draw something to do with "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown!" because you sure do sound like Charlie Brown in that post :D Lighten up!!! I'm sure the drawing would be fine. Seriously....draw a Charlie Brown Christmas tree :razz:

15. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

woohooo a drawing comp at last :D

16. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

Okay I really just wanted to say that you edited your original post at 11:11 jen.. BUT also.. I may enter the comp (don't get your hopes up though). My laptop touchpad draws on iSk may no longer be complete rubbish but that doesn't mean they are at all creative or artistic.. no harm in trying though right? :)

17. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Well, I'm gonna try as well, so it may be that both of our pics will be very similar in creativity... or lack of it ;)
    I still think mine will be distinguishable.

18. Jmac

Jmac New Member

so i went into isketch studio for the first time yesterday to see what it was, and the symmetry drawing tool really captured my attention. why dont they have it in the game? it would be cool... anyways seeing as i didnt get anything done on the drawing comp, i have to go back soon to draw all over again...

19. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Apparently there is a command for it, /mirror. It says "Symmetry enabled", but I don't think it works in the game, only in the studio.

20. jenni939706

BTW: if you cannn, please submit a title to go along with your drawing :) if u dont, i'll be the one making the title :p ;)