[Sport] Favourite Sport

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by db1986, Oct 25, 2008.

1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I recently looked at the Sport group of threads and saw that it looked a little bare and needed something new, so I'm creating a new thread for your favourite sports. Among the most common sports such as football and tennis, there are some more unusual ones like lacrosse and darts. There are also other influences such as the Olympics that change our views on some of these sports. Most of us remember playing a few sports while in education or maybe in a club and this is a place to share your stories and memories of those.

What is your favourite/least favourite sport and do you have any sporting stories and achievements?
    Also, as an aside, are there any sports that you think should be added to the Official Olympic List?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. Nyna

Nyna New Member

Um....my favorite sport is whatever my son is playing at the time. Right now he is in soccer, and his team won his game today! Woo Go Cheetahs! =)

3. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I'm not really into sports that much to be honest as most of them just confuse me and such. But I am a Rugby Union gal at heart and love going to see my team play whenever I can. I also like watching the figure skating whenever the Winter Olympics are on. Football on the other hand.... grr. I hate it. Especially when it's that time of the year when the Match Attax trading cards come out in the shops again in the UK.

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I can handle watching most sports, but playing them, well I'm about as useful as an inflatable dartboard. My favourite sport at school was running. That's about all I could do.

I'm not a big fan of football either.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. Fox

Fox Pumpkin

I'm not massively into sports either (anticipates gasps of shock), but I finally convinced my friends to play Kabaddi after a lot of "go onnnnn play it with me", "shut up, Foxy, and get away from my family", and they loved it; that's the sport which we do now.

But I know how you feel about sports at school, my db... I hated PE for years, just an unorganised mass of kids being made to play football in the rain. Not good. Not fun. Last few years wherein I had to do it were alright though; nice PE teachers meant that I could just stand with a likeminded bairn and eat pistachio nuts and have a general laugh whilst sport occurred around us, so long as we looked active every now and again. There's quite the knack to choosing a good place to field wherein, no matter where the ball goes, it's NEVER your responsibility to chase it. We ate three big, full bags of pistachios to celebrate our last ever PE lesson. We even shared with the teacher.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  6. gt7278

gt7278 Active Member

Ohh I love sportsss :D. I get reallyyy competitive sometimes o: I lovee footballllll the best though, it's truly awesome and I feel bad for people who are missing out! I support Manchester United :I I alsoo likeee F1, tennisss a bit of boxingg, baseball almost anything! Except cricket which is dull. I like to cyclee too, mostly mountain bikingss, it's so scary and fun.

7. Sunny1

Sunny1 New Member

I think my favorite sport is iSketch... ok it's not a sport but I wish it was one, and Pictionary too of course, for the traditional ways. We had an Olympic in the Spanish community this year just after the ones in China... I won a gold medal, but I won't say in which room lol.

Now, a little more seriously, I'm not much into sports. Of course 99% of the people in my country are soccer fans and talk about it like... all the time. Also my school was very focused into sports and they made me practice many. The one I played the most was kickball, it was a fun game :)

Actually I enjoy playing any sport, if the people I'm with don't mind the fact I suck at any sport. Watching them on TV is very boring for me... going to the stadium is fun, tho :)

8. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

gt it sounds like you are an active person. I guess you play all these sports as well as watch them?

Hmm. That reminds me of school. I couldn't play football at all, I just used to stand around in the pouring rain trying to keep warm. I was quite fast at running during school life and I even made the top 8 boys in year 11, so I got to compete in Sports Day :smile: Shame I came last, but to get to Sports Day was quite an achievement for me.

I like your style Sunny :razz:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  9. PaintBrush

PaintBrush New Member

Mine has to be American football!

10. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Do you have any stories of American football PaintBrush?

11. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

I've started playing korfball which is pretty fun :)

12. Pippa

Pippa New Member

I played netball throughout primary school and for most of highschool too :). It was really fun :D..but doesn't seem to be that well known or popular outside of Aus/NZ

13. El_Nino

El_Nino New Member

Since women often want to compete in male sports, I'll say let them!

Hubba hubba

14. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

They look quite similar in style of play but with some subtle differences.

Lol, I wonder how long it took you to find that one :razz:

15. 830

830 Member

Football and to a lesser extent ice hockey (to watch, though I used to play the NHL games and found it quite interesting, I have't bought a new NHL game since about 2005 i think). I've played football (which I'm not really that good at), but not ice hockey.

I also like playing pool (billiards), which I like to think I'm alright at.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  16. Danfish

Danfish New Member

I am excellent at table football. I won the singles tournament in the Halls, and jointly won the doubles too. :p

Like hockey, have a really expensive stick too, but haven't played for a year. Used to play football but got bored of it. :p

17. Tobester

Tobester New Member

Skating, more specific longboarding. On my sweet Dogtown Pinstripe.

18. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

My sister's boyfriend likes kiteboarding. It's looks like fun but you need a large area and the right amount of wind to be able to kiteboard properly.

19. Peter

Peter Administrator

Yeahhh, I like longboarding too, got a board made by some company called Still Stoked. Surfing is my favourite sport, probably next to snowboarding but I only get to snowboard on holiday. Skimboarding is awesome too. I'd probably like any sky sports and I'd probably love wakeboarding if I tried it.

Basically anything with a board is great by my standards.

20. Fox

Fox Pumpkin

SO you and I for chess then, Peter?
    * Fox puts on his chess helmet.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009