DOF Round 4 - Maths

Discussion in 'Games and Competitions' started by Saffron, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Times = morning, afternoon, nights, working hours etc. position is from left to right how they're sitting or w.e. :)
    The only thing I'm a little unsure of is left to right = first to last, but not first to last on points?
    Rofl I'm being a tard. dw. :) ahah. so left to right is just name order right?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Yes. First = the person on the far left, last = the person on the far right.

3. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

1 person likes this.
  4. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

1 person likes this.
  5. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Final question is up.

6. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

Why can't I answer Q3? Can I use my bonus points for it, if I can't participate, though?

7. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Sorry, poor wording on my part.
    I assumed most people who were going to enter Q3 would have done so fairly soon after it was up. By all means, start sending in your codes - but please keep the 30 Sept deadline in mind - it's unlikely that you will guess the code on your first try, so it may take 4 or 5 days to get through.....

8. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Well well.....these scores *are* getting interesting......

Only a few days left for anyone who wants to send in their final answers.

9. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

OK, I'm going to put the answers up. These last couple of days have been very hectic, but a clear weekend is coming up so I will do the final tally and check on the scores and post the Maths Dux as soon as I can.

Edit: Answers are up alongside the questions.
    I'll send out PM's over the next 24 hours with a breakdown of your answers so you can dispute them :p - you may be able to get a few extra points if you can convince me....remember chocolate bribes always help.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  10. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

Hm... Surely the fact that there are also grouped numerals that don't make sense (e.g DD and DID) is an indication that it shouldn't have been worked out that way?

:twisted:

Booo, I had that at first but couldn't see a reason why I should pick 2 over 8, so thought there was more to it :p

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Which chocolate do you prefer Saff? :razz:

12. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Yeh you're probably right. :rolleyes: Will adjust that a little.

Also - I kinda forgot to add the 20 points to everyone's scores for entering Q3. Originally I wasn't going to have any point for entering so set up the spreadsheet to add only the scores for the number of guesses it took, then forgot to adjust the formula when I changed my mind. Heh.

Aaaaand also :)eek:) I didn't intend to give a bonus for Q4 so I didn't figure that in to the scores. *sigh* But, seeing as I did, people have obviously made an effort to get that in on time, so I'll adjust my scoring to iinclude that bonus point. This will affect everyone who asked to use all their bonus points, as they may have an extra one in there now.

So, yeh - any further queries - get them in ASAP so that I can fine-tune it all before announcing the winnerrrrr.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  13. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

No need to change anything, I was just being pedantic :D

14. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

OK
    I think I have checked enough times to get this right, finally.

Can I please announce, the winner of the

Dux of the Forum - Maths, with a total adjusted score of 88.04,

pulling out the advantage of accumulated bonus points..........is..............

db1986

Honestly, without anyone using any bonus points, the top 3 scores were seperated by a mere 1.24 points. Nail-biting stuff

Congratulations to all entrants. :biggrin:

1 person likes this.
  15. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

Congrats!

(Anyone else having problems viewing the spoiler?)

16. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Rofl I always have a problem viewing spoilers so I just quote it. xD

Well done Db :) :) :)
    -claps-

17. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

Well done Debbie!! Kudos to all those who participated.

Oh and the spoiler's working fine for meeeeee.

18. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

Do you use firefox? Works fine in IE, but they're screwy in FF.

CONGRATS AGAIN, DeeBee!

19. Bellicimo

Bellicimo Active Member

:) well done dbbbbbbbbbbbbb :)

20. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Lol Yeah I do use firefox, like sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't. Eh. -shrugs- I've got used to not having them work :p I hate IE so I don't really want to use that just for spoilers.