DOF Round 3 - Music - Piano Man Poll

Discussion in 'Games and Competitions' started by db1986, Jul 26, 2009.

1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Here are the 4 images that I received for Question 2 of the Music round.
    Each image is named by the parts of the song "Piano Man" by Billy Joel that the artist has depicted.

Image 1: "Piano Man"
    [​IMG]

Image 2: "And the waitress is practicing politics, as the businessmen slowly gets stoned, yes they're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone"
    [​IMG]

Image 3: "As the smile ran away from his face"
    [​IMG]

Image 4: "Well I'm sure that I could be a movie star, If I could get out of this place"
    [​IMG]

Voting format: Voting will be of the same format as the Turkish drawing competitions.
    Your favourite image will score 4 points, 2nd favourite will score 3 points, 3rd favourite will score 2 points and your 4th favourite will score 1 point.

To vote: Write down the names of the images in the order that you wish to award points starting from your favourite.
    e.g.
    "Piano Man 1" - 4 points
    "Piano Man 2" - 3 points
    "Piano Man 3" - 2 points
    "Piano Man 4" - 1 point

Voting rules: Any forum member may vote whether you have submitted an image or not. Any forum member may vote whether you have entered any part of the Dux competition or not. Each forum member may have 1 vote only. Artists themselves are permitted to vote. If you wish to vote privately, you may do so by sending me a PM. Private votes will be made public after the voting has closed.

This vote will close at the times shown below.

6:30am on Friday 31st July Western USA time (UTC-7:00)
    8:30am on Friday 31st July Central USA time (UTC-5:00)
    9:30am on Friday 31st July Eastern USA time (UTC-4:00)
    2:30pm on Friday 31st July UK and Ireland time (UTC+1:00)
    7:00pm on Friday 31st July India time (UTC+5:30)
    9:30pm on Friday 31st July Western Australia time (UTC+8:00)
    11:30pm on Friday 31st July Eastern Australia time (UTC+10:00)

Good luck :razz:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  2. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

Alright mr's, ms's, mrs's, and those unidentified personnels... i'll starttt off the voting (or unless u pmed him.hm..but still. blah. im too lazy to figure out how to pm again.....or well. too lazy to click on his name. but still....here we goooo..oh plus i wanted to call everyone mr's, ms's, mrs's , and unidentified people :p)

imageee 4 - 4
    imageee 3 - 3
    imageee 1 - 2
    imageee 2 - 1

yay pointsies...

ummm, dont be mad at my voting plz. i was thinkingg bout doing the whole pulling numbers out of a hat thing. butttttt
    1) that would mean i'd have to find a hat
    2) that would also mean i'd need to write 1-4 on paper -_-
    3) that would mean i'd have to rip up the paper
    4) its not exactly the fairest way to vote XD

soooooooooo yeah :) um....lovely pics though :D (all of them plz)

now someone else vote so im not the only onebutt in here pleaseeeeeeeeee
    or i'lll..be making some rounds.....

3. Casta_Diva

Casta_Diva New Member

Okay so Jenni spammed (well, maybe not spammed, but definitely made her rounds) on my profile...and because I enjoy db, I shall vote. Although I'm not at all sure what the contest is about....but yes. Did you draw these, db? Oh, and I am too lazy to pm you my vote so I'll just cast it here!!

Piano Man 1 - 4
    Piano Man 3 - 3
    Piano Man 4 - 2
    Piano Man 2 - 1

Oh, and I'll have you know that "Piano Man" is now thoroughly in my head...at least it replaces the insufferable song from the movie Charlotte's Web "Zuckerman's Famous Pig" :mad:

4. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

Lol I'll have you know I was going to vote anyway, it wasn't just coz Jenni made her rounds :twisted: hehe

Image 3 - 4
    Image 4 - 3
    Image 2 - 2
    Image 1 - 1

Well done to all those who submitted pics, they are all fantastic and voting proved rather difficult!

5. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Lol yeah. Jen -_- I was so going to vote anyways :) but yeah... the extra prod I suppose was helpful -_- :p Ahh I've missed the proddings xD

Image 2 - 4
    Image 4 - 3
    Image 3 - 2
    Image 1 - 1

Just because image 3 freaks me out. xD But yeah. The pictures are all amazing :) I wouldn't have been able to come up with anything near that. xD If any of you have seen my mega drawings you will know this ;D So yeah.. if I had my way I'd just give you all the same vote and run off ;D

6. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

It's part of the Music round of Saff's Dux of the Forum competition. I've only hosted them on my photobucket account so that you can't guess who drew which picture from its url :p

Lol, ty xD

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  7. Fox

Fox Pumpkin

4 points - pic 3
    3 - 4
    2 - 2
    1 - 1

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said that I was going to vote had I not been told to.

8. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I see Jen's been doing her rounds then :biggrin:

Just under 1 day left to vote people :)

9. Honey-Baby

Honey-Baby New Member

Piano Man 3 - 4
    Piano Man 2 - 3
    Piano Man 4 - 2
    Piano Man 1 - 1

10. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Only half an hour left to vote.

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Voting is now closed.

I have had 6 public votes and 2 private votes.

Image 1 - 2 4 1 1 1 1 + 1 3 = 14
    Image 2 - 1 1 2 4 2 3 + 3 2 = 18
    Image 3 - 3 3 4 2 4 4 + 4 4 = 28
    Image 4 - 4 2 3 3 3 2 + 2 1 = 20

The winner of the Honourable Mention is:

NoHints

Congratulations to the winner and the entrants below.
    Highlight below for the entrants.

Image 1 drawn by gracie
    Image 2 drawn by Bellicimo
    Image 3 drawn by NoHints
    Image 4 drawn by storm

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  12. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

i so knew 3 was nh's. its too him :p XD :D congratssssssssssss :)

13. Jmac

Jmac New Member

ah dang, got here a little too late to vote in time... personally liked no. 2....

oh and i blame the fact that MY time zone was NOT included in the time deadline thingy as to why i missed the deadline lol..... (that and it took me a while to figure out that DOF stood for Dux of the Forum)

congrats to the winner!