Debate: Should swearing be censored online

Discussion in 'Humour and Debate' started by SigmundFreud, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

This has been a very interesting thread to follow. However, I am somewhat disappointed that the instigator finds it necessary to take everything to a personal level and insult other contributors' intelligence, contribution and state of mind.

2. SigmundFreud

SigmundFreud Banned

Firstly, I offer you my apologies for not being able to uphold the standard you expect of me, sirrah. How rude of me. If this thread does not meet your expectations, may I suggest that you leave it? I would be incredibly upset if I were to disappoint you again.

Well when someone uses my forum id, I would naturally assume he was referring to me specifically and thus I would reply in the same manner. I don't see why you have to resort to more ad hominem attacks when you are not even contributing anything to the topic.

Using prestigious jargon isn't going to make your post necessary to the thread.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. Rood

Rood Active Member

I feel the need to say something also. This thread was rather interesting to start, but has slowly disintegrated.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and view. Your view, Danny, is that censoring shouldn't be necessary, and you expect others to respect this. Well others also have their opinions which you in turn should respect. In the words of T.I.: Respect is something you'll never get if you never had it. It's a two way street.

There is no reason for you to answer back so pettily and on a personal level as mentioned by Soul. No-one needed to answer in this thread, and entertain your argument (which is quickly beginning to become childish), they chose to take a minute and offer their opinion. Surely you ought to acknowledge and appreciate that before attacking the person and throwing out your beliefs which you clearly feel are superior.

There is a time and a place for everything, including censoring. It just so happens to be that the time is now, and the place is this forum. If you cannot accept that, then just leave and take your disrespectful posts with you. There is no point in starting a battle that is never going to end.

2 people like this.
  4. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

Nuff said.

[​IMG]

5. MissyRed4president!

Someone please make this gurl an admin so I can "thank" all of her posts and maybe one day become an admin too. Samefagging looks fun.

6. Jobe

Jobe Abministrator

Closing this thread as it has gotten a little out of hand.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.