Custom ranks for members with >500 posts

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Peter, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Peter

Peter Administrator

Title pretty much says it all, a feature to say 'thank you' to the users who have made such a hefty contribution in posts (500 is a nice round number). You can set your rank in your User CP... if you've only just hit 500 posts it may not show up for an hour :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me . . .

3. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

Ooh what a lovely idea! I guess I'll have to get back to my old posting habits to boost my number, eh.

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Aww so no more Mega, Royal and Epic Members now, although who was it that said they sounded kinda dirty? :lol:

Obviously you forumites with >500 posts can have whatever title you like, but no dirty ones please, I don't want to have to come and slap you now, would I? :razz:

5. Peter

Peter Administrator

It can still be left as default but, yeah, it's not likely anyone will! I figured that with posting activity a bit lower these days it's a bit harder to reach those levels and this seemed like a fair solution.

There's quite a few members not far off the 500 mark as well so perhaps if certain events entice older members back the allure of a custom title will boost posting activity ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

:( db would never slap you. he's not nearly as mean as Peter......

in other news. I still have no idea how I managed to get this post count. Most of my posts were in the ForumGamesland where none of the posts even count.......

7. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

Probably from the RH and RC posts, Jen. And most of my posts are in Forum Games as well.

At the rate I have been posting, and its decline, I would reach 500 somewhere around mid-2019.

8. Peter

Peter Administrator

As the change has made custom ranks a bit less of a cool prize if it didn't cause too much controversy I was thinking as a competition prize we could offer a post count multiplier or something. So like double post worth for a week or something. E.g. you made 15 posts the week after the competition they'd get doubled to 30. Would probably need some discussion because wouldn't want to devalue the 'true' post count of other members.

9. Novak

Novak Active Member

Nice addition, Peter. I love how you're still able come up with new and imaginative things to make this forum even greater.

Also, congrats to Rood for passing that golden 500 mark today. Excellent timing.

1 person likes this.
  10. Banana.

Banana. New Member

Why 500??? What about people like me who have 20 posts? :sad:

DB1986!!!! My old friend! Can you give me some posts? You have too many :twisted:

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I wish I could donate, but I can't, I'm afraid. You'll need to be a bit more chatty on here like me, but then I have had an extra 3.5 years to post :biggrin:

12. Banana.

Banana. New Member

No other way to reach 500 then :cry:

13. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

On the bright side Banana, we'll have plenty of time to brainstorm the perfect custom rank, the rank to beat all ranks, one rank to rule them all. . . yeah, okay, I'm losing it. I second the idea of distributing Db's posts.

1 person likes this.
  14. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Just a thought, if you post twice per day, it will take about 8.5 months to reach 500. That gets cut to 5.5 months if you post three times a day. Any posts count except those in Forum Games, the easiest ones to post in are Random Happiness and the Members' Birthday Thread.

During my first year here, I was up to 5 posts a day, so getting to 1000 took me about 6 months :)

1 person likes this.
  15. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

Cheater. <3

Edit: Well I'm off to go sell some electronics and weight loss supplements in the other threads, this should bump my stats a bit.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  16. Banana.

Banana. New Member

Give me some to sell, gandalf =)

17. Peter

Peter Administrator

Your title can be spambot xD

I'll try organise some sort of competition soon. I'll offer to give a temporary custom rank as a prize. If someone with > 500 wins they can donate their prize to another member or maybe get something else.

18. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

[STRIKE]Okay Okay, let's count all of our Thank You's and "Forum Game" Posts. [/STRIKE]

And, why yes, I am going to stall this conversation as long as I can to get the most posts out of it.

EDIT: Not good enough Peter, 500 post challenge accepted. :twisted:

19. Banana.

Banana. New Member

Db you better win this tournament and give me that title or else! =P

20. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

We much prefer the PC label "Internet Sales Representative," thank you.