Changes to iSketch Rules

Discussion in 'Guides' started by 2.0, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Depends on how many arrows you use. Any fewer than 17 arrows pointing to the same thing just doesn't cut it, I'm afraid. I jest about that comment really ;)

You could instead draw a wheelbarrow or possibly the London region of Harrow :)

2 people like this.
  2. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Ok! I read the thread and I agree such words like r.i.p,zzz etc should not be allowed while drawing as those can easily refer to the main word...Here's another question may/maynot be related to the topic...Can anyone can be booted out the room if he/she takes his/her time on drawing the word doing it by one stroke in a public room? As far as I know there are some players that has no patience and for those ones there's a lovely blitz room on a faster phase...So what could be the point of an admin kicking two of my friends out the room while they were still drawing on one stroke? should they put a dot there to be seen that they were still on there drawing their word? Another question; are there any criterias to point someone as an admin?? or a psychological skill test before pointing someone as an admin? Tyvm ....that'll be all...

just saw! Ty Souly..I did that..and I got my response already..The problem is not the game,it is my silly maverick that does not respond the needs of shockwave etc...so back to granny pc when I want to play the game! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  3. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

We spoke about this one before actually, Holy; it was a little while ago and I can't find the original thread, though.
    There is nothing in the rules about drawing using a single stroke, but it could possibly be related to theme drawings in that you have to allow enough time to draw the object and for others to guess. That was the conclusion last time, but we didn't get an official answer for it.

In my opinion, that sort of thing comes down to people's perceptions of time wasting. Most people don't like what appears to them to be time wasters and voting on it is a bit of a grey area. Of course one stroke drawings aren't against the rules and don't count as time wasting. Neither does "Googling" the word and clicking the "Definition" button, as there is an intent to draw (or at least attempt to draw) the word in the near future.
    With respect to your two friends, Holy, if they were drawing single stroke sketches, admin shouldn't have removed them from the room, as they hadn't broken the rules in that respect, even if other players were getting annoyed with the one-stroke style. I'd ask Feedback about that.

Not really, except these :razz:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. ICHI

ICHI New Member

And as far as I know there're also Strokes Room for stroke artists too. :smile:

5. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

/kiss db bbbdd bdbbd dbdbdbd :biggrin:

6. Nuka

Nuka New Member

I think perhaps when using Zzzzz as a symbol you could cross it - like the line through E for euro. Then it might take some confusion out of it? Just a suggestion.

Remember too that what appears to be letters aren't always letters, what is allowed also (although I don't think there are TOO many circumstances personally that necessitate this ) are algebra NUMBERS that appear to be letters and Roman NUMERALS that also appear to be letters.

I never use Zzzz when drawing I don't see any reason to, but however many see it as a symbol not a letter as in the same category as the above mentioned numbers that appear to be letters.

Just to be really sure you are playing within the rules or even within the spirit of iSketch - when you feel it is necessary to use symbols especially symbols that are morphed letters or numbers that are the same as alphabetical letters - be sure your draw conveys they are symbols. For instance if you drew the 'S' for Superman for the word hero or cape etc - draw it, if you can, as the symbol that appears on his chest, not a simple 'S' or the MacDonald's M - draw it as arches instead of a basic M - doing it that way may avoid you being voted on.

Please note: Writing an 'S' for superman is a violation just as Buzzz is a violation for Bee as it contains a portion of the word.

You have to realise too that the players watching on - do NOT know the word unless they have already guessed it - so seeing 'letters' will make them think you are cheating. Even if it's "LOL" - if the word is 'laugh' that becomes a direct hint. And, as always its about playing within the spirit of the game - if someone has taken the time to draw a relevant picture and is conveying the word well through their art - and it doesn't have to be the most beautiful piece of art - then a Zzzz would not give the word away.

Always remember the goal of this game is to 'draw' and to be creative there are so many tools available to you guys ... use them have fun with them and practice in your studio. Don't take the quick way out and write Zzzz or RIP without any effort in drawing - that is a sure fire way of getting voted on by players.

2 people like this.
  7. vin-dog

vin-dog New Member

thanks Nuka, your post was very helpful. :)

8. REM.

REM. Member

I have received conflicting information from different admins the `letters` in question were the M arch for McDonalds and VW for VolksWagen.....apparently allowed and not considered letters as `WE` know them !.

9. sir_cumsize

sir_cumsize New Member

The McDonalds arches and the VW are both trademarked logos, not letters. Therefore they should be allowed. Same with the Greenbay Packers logo.

10. Tonks

Tonks New Member

Yup, what the Banana said. Symbols are allowed too, such as E=MC2 - formulaic algebra and the like.

11. REM.

REM. Member

Every letter in the alphabet is used as a trade mark logo, any letter you wish is used and it is just a question of how well known that logo is know is all over world.

for example AC for the AC Cobra. Google images has thousands of single letter logo/ brand letters ! Who decides it is `unacceptable ie not well enough known world wide ?. It is open to abuse whatever way you look at it.

12. sir_cumsize

sir_cumsize New Member

If the word is arch, and you draw the McDonalds logo, there is no issue there. If the word is MOM and you draw a Mcdonalds logo, Oakley logo, then McDonalds logo again, then there is obviously an issue. As long as you are not using the logo to represent a letter, then it should be allowed.

13. REM.

REM. Member

I believe the Mc Donalds Arch was drawn to depict HAMBURGER. The VW word for car.

Draw a hamburger draw a car no need to use symbols / logo`s stupid rule fullstop !.

14. goose

goose Active Member

I think those types of drawings make the game more exciting and challenging.

15. REM.

REM. Member

Really ! drawing a letter from the alphabet detracts from Isketch in it`s basic principle ..........sketching .........not writing . Just my opinion , I think there is no need to draw any letters at anytime . It confuses newbies and it would make it so simple just to state NO LETTERS .:rolleyes:

16. goose

goose Active Member

I agree with the no letters thing. But symbols are different, and can be used in a creative way. All I'm saying is, it's a *little* more exciting when an iSketcher deviates from the norm and draws something different.

1 person likes this.
  17. REM.

REM. Member

An M or VW are letters first and formost and they become symbols secondly . They are letters and should not be used on Isketch in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.