Changes to iSketch Rules

Discussion in 'Guides' started by 2.0, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

./flirt spam

2. Arrisdaroldi

Arrisdaroldi Forum Junkie

Change in rules: When a user is drawing a accurate draw that deals with sleeping feedback has explained to me that drawing ZZZ's are allowed.

3. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

This won't prevent some people voting on them, which as far as I know, is also OK.

4. Arrisdaroldi

True, when I get sleeping draws I will not draw ZZZ's because I do not want votes against me.

5. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

If I hear another player try and tell me Z isn't a letter, I shall go insane!
    * elfy must have missed that meeting....

6. Clau

Clau New Member

This is how I try to remember it:

Z is a letter, Zzzzz is a symbol.

1 person likes this.
  7. Arrisdaroldi

Very Nice....

8. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

They removed the "ZZZ" example from the rules section just over a year ago, I think.

I'd still consider it against the rules though, as it still says "Never use letters - whether or not they are related to the puzzle".

Don't see why they'd allow it; pretty poor decision.

2 people like this.
  9. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Yes, the ZZZ example hasn't been quoted in the rules for a while now. Since the rule change I've been quite weary about voting for ZZZ, usually I don't bother.

Agreed. As ZZZ is an onomatopoeia, why is it allowed if other onomatopoeia like "buzz", "moo" and "quack" aren't allowed?

1 person likes this.
  10. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Ok great nice to hear all of this now what should i do when isketch says "you have to enable Javascript" !!!!??? Not a single day logging in without a love letter message! Just work properly damn it! I need a quick response.Thank You! Merci bien Grazie etc....

11. Arrisdaroldi

All I can say is email feedback, I don't know what your problem is. info@isketch.net

1 person likes this.
  12. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

I have always found feedback is very quick to respond to me when it's a technical issue. I have always put 'technical issue' or 'technical problem' in the subject line so that it doesn't get confused with complaints from other players who may have been blocked or banned or whatever.

2 people like this.
  13. REM.

REM. Member

I have always seen the use of ZZZZZzzzzz`z as a noise a low level zurrrrrr noise you get when people are about to snore but not quite:rolleyes:

14. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Yeah, that's what I always thought. Oh well, seems to be normal practice now :rolleyes:

15. REM.

REM. Member

I have been told by an admin that the use of V W is a symbol and does not stand for Volks Wagen Peoples car lol

I have also been warned to warn on a Giant M for Mc Donalds ...... a little consistency would not go amiss.

16. mom

mom New Member

Currency symbols are a pain to convey.

17. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I tend to draw currency symbols using a single stroke, otherwise it could be seen as a letter if drawn separately. For example the dollar symbol $. Most people draw the S-shape first before putting a line (or two lines) through it, which may seem to others like the artist is writing. Similar could be said for the Euro symbol €.

Just my way of doing it anyway :)

18. mom

mom New Member

I tend to draw a number before the symbol, that way my old memory won't get penalized for mistakenly drawing the letter before the strikes. You would have to be incredibly juvenile to confuse S1 or E2 for letter violations.

19. Erpook

Erpook New Member

I like this rule, but i dont think arrows should be alright to use either then.

20. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

why not? arrows are merely to draw attention to a particular part of the picture, and if it's a nice complicated one with lots of detail then it can't hurt to help the poor struggling guessers out a little, surely? Also, what if the word was "Arrow"? :twisted:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.