Cambridge Meet :)

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by Sorsie, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Well, FWIW, I haven't ridden a bicycle in erm, 4 years? And definitely never on the road xD But yeah, it's not something you forget to do and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it xD Maybe do a few practice rounds in your backyard or something lol :p Nah, the roads here are pretty safe (relatively) and I'll be glad to not have to do more walking I think xD

2. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Ahah. Well, it's not a bad thing, roads are scaryyyy. The roads here can be dangerous just because there are so many bikes around ahah. :p Lol we're a menace Ahaha. :D Hmm. But yeah. I think, Bikes might be a good thing.. Eh. We'll see what happens. I haven't asked everyone yet if they can ride.. Lol. :) Hee hee. :) tweedlydum. :)

Hmm I'm well excited though. 10 DAYS!!! :O
    I just hope you get down here stormmm. >.> :p

3. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Lol, ahh well, I'm keeping my optimism in check. Once we pack and stand on the road I'll feel much better XD

4. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Omg, I had a dream about the meet XD Sparrow was in it, even though I've never seen him XD haha. I had the funniest mental image lol xP

5. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Woooooo! I have this Sunday off work so I can stay longer :D

6. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

Thought I'd be the first to write here after the meet. It was brilliant and slightly surreal actually seeing everybody face-to-face for the first time, as they'd always been names on a screen before. I had a very good time even though I could only spend one afternoon with Sorsie, storm, Belli and db as we cycled around Cambridge seeing some of the sights and colleges and going to a village pub for lunch. To top it all off, the rain that had been threatening from the forecasts didn't arrive and we had a beautiful sunny day! :)

7. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Yeah, that'd be me :biggrin:
    Just reiterating what Sparrow has already said. It was great visiting Cambridge and cycling around all the green areas and the colleges. It was certainly very surreal meeting everyone, but even so, I had a wonderful time :)
    Thank you to Sorsie for offering her house for us to stay.

8. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

I'm very happy that everyone visited :) ahahah. And yeah, uhhh, revenge will always be sweet :) Even if it was badly done... :S (We hid dibsees stuff, well when I say we, I mean me, and when I say hid, I mean badly, for revenge on all the stupid hearts and eggs. >.>)

But yeah, I'm also very happy that the weather held out and it was very sunny and stuff and yeah :) It was all really good I thought :)

I will have lots of happy memories from the meet, including the hands in takeshis castle ;)

I just now hope storm got home okay :)

9. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

Oooh sounds like you all had an amazing time! Glad it worked out well for you all and yes I also hope storm gets home safe :)

Now tell me you took some piccys... :razz:

10. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Yeah, I just got home like 2 hours ago and just took a much-needed shower xD Damn bus to Aberdeen lol, but I shouldn't complain :p it was cheap xD

Loading pics on the comp as I type :D

Yeah, the meet was great. It was surreal... Cambrige itself is surreal, it's so fairytale-like, with all the colleges and greenery and everything. It's beautiful. I'm glad I got a chance to meet you guys; I quite liked it =) Only wish it could've been longer =))

/hug

Good luck with exams and everything ^_^

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hahaha! That was hilarious! I had never seen that game on Takeshi's Castle before.
    Show of Hands

12. Lil' Star

Lil' Star New Member

Glad to hear you all had a good time :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.