Books on my Shelf

Discussion in 'Humour and Debate' started by agentQ, Jul 25, 2008.

1. sketches

sketches New Member

I have some invisible books on my invisible bookshelf.

Anyway, similar to what Jobe said, why read books when I have the Internet?

2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'm have the same feeling. Normally I only read a book if someone recommends it to me or if I require additional information for my studies.

3. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

lol, i likeee books though :) even with the internettt XD :p

i mean, i get the fact there are books on here, but sometimes i just feel like i'd rather read a book than stuff on the internet :) hurts my eyes if i stare at a computer too long. and i dunno, i likeee books :) sorta like..another worldddd to live in :)

4. Vik

Vik New Member

Love books! Great thread, requires some thinking about so I'll be back once I find a brain.

5. storm

storm Forum Tempest

There's just something so lovely about holding a book in your hands. The ruffle of pages as you turn, the texture of the paper between your fingers, the musty smell. The reassuring solidity of holding a different world in your hands...

6. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

-_- im just waiting for stormy to write a poem bout books.

and ......................... ah, so many books i luvvvv but the one i'd have to reccomend for now is probs....."Audrey, Wait" :p its like.....a book more for teens but whatevs

7. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

Blimey! For all you Michael Crichton fans... some very sad news :sad:

I can't say I was ever an avid reader of his work, but nonetheless - the literary world have lost an amazing author today.

8. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

Books on my shelves include,,,,,,,.
    All books by martina cole,, danielle steele,, clare mc nally,, catherine cookson,,stephen king,,linda la plante,, and many more without books id be in a very bored position if i dont read daily i get the hump.

9. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'm reading the fourth Harry Potter book "Goblet of Fire" at the moment. I'm quite a slow reader but I've only become interested in HP quite recently.

10. Nyna

Nyna New Member

I just got "The Legend of Drizzt" by R.A. Salvatore books for Christmas. 10 of them. I just finished the 3rd book and am about to start on the fourth! I love them!

11. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

Groups on this forum are sadly underused :sad:

So... I have created a Group for all you Book Lovers out there :razz:

CLICK HERE for the link if you would like to join :biggrin:

12. Vik

Vik New Member

Nice group! Sign up and join in!

13. Rick.

Rick. New Member

Wheel of time series by Robert Jordan, 6 books through at moment.

14. Rood

Rood Active Member

It's a little dark but I'm reading the Hannibal trilogy right now. They're great, but very scary haha.

15. HappyHippo

HappyHippo Active Member

Oh I just finished the last one of that Missy, the ending...hmmm, let me know what you think.