BMC Voting: Movie frame

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Peter, Jul 23, 2011.

?

Whos drawing is your favourite?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2011.
  1. Bungle

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. elfy

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Fourtease

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. goose

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. iSnack 2.0

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Pikachu

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  7. Tigress

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Peter

Peter Administrator

Yay! 7 entries this week...

Votes are private this week (oops >.>) and self-voting is disregarded as usual.

View the entries here and then vote on your favourite.

2. Coda

Coda New Member

Hey Peter :) congratulations on the high number of submissions!

Is it too late too submit my effort? Even if it means its not subject to voting?

Its close to completion.

3. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

i think at least 4 or 5 of us who entered have had huge shockwave issues, so it has taken 5 times as long to get these pics finished. i really hope Coda's entry will be allowed in today for voting, i think it would have been in on time if it hadn't been for these problems with the studio :(

4. pls24oct

pls24oct New Member

So glad I'm not the only one with shockwave issues, i should be able to pry my rushed second draw from my cold dead computer someday.

5. Peter

Peter Administrator

You can submit it and get it tagged but I'm afraid it wouldn't be fair on everyone else if it were included in the vote cos the thread does say try get it done by Saturday morning so it'd be a bit like giving you extra time.

6. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

:( he did try though, he was up all night trying :/
    To be honest, I don't think I can take another stressful draw like this one, drawing anything major in the studio is so painful with all the shockwave memory troubles, I don't think I can put myself through that again :(

7. Bungle

Bungle New Member

You guys should do next week's draw in the Lounge II, no timer, no wordlist, and no shockwave memory errors. It's like the studio, but with spectators! That's where I did mine. Only problem would be the fact that you can't save it and finish it later, it has to be done in one sitting.

8. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

yeah, unfortunately i have to take breaks, i have stuff to do during the day, plus i'm not sure i like the idea of strangers watching me draw for longer than a few minutes...it's unnervingggggg :p

1 person likes this.
  9. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Yeah specially the ones goes like " What is this?" "What's this dude drawing now?" and of course hopeless but determined guessers =P in the lounge room!!.... "BANANA, BANANA" hahahaha.
    Cheers

10. Pikachu

Pikachu New Member

Actually, its worse doing it like that, coz shockwave DOES crash like that. Too much data...blahblah.. if u make quick strokes for example. If you are in the studio, you can lose ur connection, but the studio still works, as its locally on your computer, you don't have to be connected up permanently to use the studio, it works even when u got disconnected.

Sometimes when a sketch gets too big the connection times out when u load or view it etc.... but u can still use offline commands like /copy or /FILE SAVE in the studio once ur connection is lost.

If you sketch live, people spamming while u sketch will/might/may/can crash ur connection, and then u cant continue anything. It could be fun watching people sketch, but ud have to have a big bag of crisps & a 2l soda so u dont miss any action lol!

I got a tip for those who really want to know... Use Opera browser to sketch, not only is it really stable with shockwave, but for intense sketches, u have 90 (exactly) zoom in's, so u can get in really close to ur sketches. IE and Firefox together hasn't even have that many zoom-ins together! By zoom-ins, i mean pressing ctrl + in ur browser, to get closer to the detail, PLUS, isketch studio has zoom as well. (press Z then click with mouse to zoom in, and shift click to zoom out again).

Also, another really good tip, set ur browser cache to at least 10mb, it prevents u from crashing too much, too often!
    - Save about every 20kb added to ur sketch
    - Exit isketch every 100kb (remember to save lol)
    - Clear ur cache, then come back in and load it again.
    - Continue the same way...

If a really hard sketch ends up as 700kb, u would have had to relog 7 times, and rougly saved it 35 times lol (if my maths is ok).

Remember, Isketch Studio doesnt just save the quality of ur sketch, it saves your actions while u generate ur sketch, so 1 black line across the screen might be 3kb if u do it in 1 stroke, and it can be 9kb if u do it in 3 strokes. The studio saves every action u make! Thats why when u view it, it's like a nice movie u can watch of how u created ur sketch.. stroke by stroke!

Its not made for intense sketches... but thats why pushing the software so hard is so much fun :p

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. Jmac

Jmac New Member

wow. all these were amazing pictures. nice job to those who submitted.

12. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

Seriously impressive stuff! So much talent! Amazing!

Has the voting closed?

It was close. I definitely have a favourite!

No doubt in my mind. The youtube vid mighta swayed me?

13. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Well there's a deadline on top of it,it says 30th Jul so I guess there's still time to vote!

14. Krandal

Krandal New Member

Still time to vote for Tigress! Yay! Good draw, and she's REALLY pretty, so you should definitely vote for her :)

15. Tigress

Tigress New Member

:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: LOL!!! You are too much! thanks for the 'pretty' vote though :biggrin:

16. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

Is there another week? It is actually hard to tell.

Krandal, just cos she's pretty mate, that's not a reason to vote for her!

I would actually class her as beautiful. More than that even. Stunning I would say. More than that actually.

17. Tigress

Tigress New Member

LOL thank you Ouch! You are too kind. But let's not spam this thread anymore shall we? lol :embarrassed:

18. Dagon

Dagon New Member

*pinches Tiggy's cheek*

For blushing. :]

19. elfy

elfy Little Spoon

Dude..it says 30th.

20. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

Where does it actually say elfs?

So there's a week for entries, then a week for voting.

More often than not, I don't know what day of the week it is, let alone the date. :rolleyes:

And there is Peter, and a Peter backwards, like looking in the mirror, which just confuses me more!

Perhaps it's best if I don't say anymore? *shrugs*

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011