Bi-monthly Competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Peter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Arrisdaroldi

Arrisdaroldi Forum Junkie

:cry:we all know what it's like to be busy, i like a good christmas idea... :excited:

2. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

I really like the logo competition idea! I'm in.

Can we get an official 'something-like-this' thing if everyone's interested:

Dimensions: ?? x ??
    Theme: Christmas iSketch Forum
    Limitations: Must be drawn in iSketch Studio and use the current iSketch logo somehow.

?

3. Arrisdaroldi

Arrisdaroldi Forum Junkie

If the dates are within the time I am home I am in!

4. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Does it have to be Christmas logo? Christmas is gone already...let it be a free style logo championship...The brands invented by yourselves...Brand New! Think of a product then find a name for it and draw the logo...if I'm in I want to use my own program...studio bores me with it's limited tools and not having undo button! ....or else good like if you like my idea...

luck* (sigh)

and let it span 3 weeks, a week is not enough to create a concept..considering we're all madly busy...let me know! cheers...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  5. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Wow...that sounds like a whole different drawing competition altogether, HD. Some people don't have other programs, and this comp, I think, kind of makes it fair all round by having everyone use the same program.

A seperate drawing competition for more extensive and involved programs and broader drawing times sounds a good idea...that way those who don't have the where-with-all for the one you suggest, can still take part in this one...if it ever gets going again.

6. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Teehee Holy, the Studio now has an undo button, it's right there :razz:

[​IMG]

7. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Oh Gosh Miracle! thx for sharing hun!

8. Pikachu

Pikachu New Member

Wooooah slow down guys! As far as i remember, that undo button does undo your mistakes in the studio while busy sketching, but it does NOT remove ("undo") the mistake step in the RECORDING of it. (Isketch records so when you save it its a movie of your steps...bllahblah)

If that doesn't make sense, create a new dummy sketch, make an error, press the undo button, continue over your mistake, save your sketch and replay the sketch.

You will see the mistake in the replay, it is not removed in the replay of the movie. Even though while sketching the undo removed it.

I haven't been using the studio in ages, but thats how i remember it to be, so test it first : ) maybe it has been fixed by now i don't know.

9. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

So are we doing a logo comp?

10. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Oh I dunno...there is a free drawing program on webz which i am using too and it is absolutely free yet easy to download!never ever crashed once... hang on let me find the link!
    http://www.smoothdraw.com
    now where were we? Not sure about logo comp...What do you say db? sigh*

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'm all for a logo competition, but it's really Peter's decision whether to put up a new logo or theme.

I quite like an idea similar the Google drawing competition, where people draw different images for the Google logo and the best get chosen and displayed on the webpage. Maybe we could have something like that here, but instead of displaying only the winner's logo, perhaps everyone's images can be shown alternately in a sequence, maybe say every day or every home page refresh.

Again, it's Peter's decision, but I'd be happy to run the competition, if Peter hasn't got the time to, and of course he agrees to it :)

1 person likes this.
  12. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Okies then! we're waiting for Peter's approval! Thank you db :)

13. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

I like the idea, db!