Bi-monthly Competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Peter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Peter

Peter Administrator

Well the format is 1 week for entries, 1 week for votes... so I assumed if no one had entered in the first week that no one liked the theme.

Seeing has people have entered for patriotism now I'll run a vote for it on Saturday.

2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Woohoo, I'm glad I managed to join in this one :biggrin: Snacky's and goose's drawings look so nice, I've got some fab competition :D

Even though I can't draw very well, I've surprised myself with what I did :p:

3. goose

goose Active Member

Why is she slow ?????

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I don't think we need to worry, it is exam time of course :)

5. Peter

Peter Administrator

Ah I edited that date yesterday because I realised it still read April 1st! I'd just changed the links theme name/tag and not the date/link. Fortunately my exams are over now but my social calendar is filling up (have blown the metaphorical dust off it now I'm not burdened by work). Anyway, friends came over for dinner last night as I was preparing the thread, sorry! Almost done now!

6. Peter

Peter Administrator

New theme up, didn't have time yesterday, sorry. Going home for summer tomorrow so I should have more time to get things done around here :fangs:

7. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Bravo goose! A fine effort from you both, I liked your drawings very much :)

8. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Congrats goose, well done. And great pics from all of you.

9. goose

goose Active Member

thanks, yeah great pics indeed from db and snacks :D

10. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

GJ goose! I think yours was the best from an artistic viewpoint. But I wanted to vote for deebs cos he spent 4 hours on his! Dunno how long you spent of course.
    I was trying to make it a draw.
    But it seems I ran out of time to vote!
    WD y'all!

11. Peter

Peter Administrator

Gahhh! Totally forgot about the BMC, an opportunity presented itself for me to make a lot of money this weekend so that occupied my time. In addition the weekly reminder I had set up on my blackberry has stopped -- gah. Will sort things out tomorrow.

12. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

All three entries are sensational! Each has a completely different style, yet SO much work! I LOVE THEM ALL!

13. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

Am I gonna be fick again? But where the hell do I vote?

The thread I just looked at to try is closed!

Have I missed the voting?

I will be fecking annoyed!

iSnack2.0 you get my vote, whether it is counted or not!

Epic drawing dude! Amazing!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  14. goose

goose Active Member

lol breathe man, i dont think they've started the voting yet :p
    and as for your previous post THANKS :D

15. Ouch!

Ouch! Banned

*Sigh* You sure?

It's 2 weeks since you were the last winner!

Time flies!

BTW, You are very welcome! :D Well deserved!

*Breathes*

16. Peter

Peter Administrator

New theme up!

1 person likes this.
  17. Peter

Peter Administrator

pls24oct, you were the only one who entered this week so congratulations, you've won! This means we're skipping voting this week and moving on to a new theme straight away. I made this one up just now, I hope people like it.

This may be the last week prizes are been offered so if you want a newbie dot or custom rank I suggest you enter!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2011
  18. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I think this one will be interesting, get those thinking caps on :razz:

19. Pikachu

Pikachu New Member

BMC Theme suggestion

Hey Guys... I just thought, maybe just maybe maybe, for an idea for the competitions, to have a topic called mmmm "Replicate" or, look im not English so its probably not the best word to use, but let me explain the idea:

2 photo choices gets uploaded from which participants may choose to replicate for the competition. The photos should each be unique, one can be colorful and the other monochrome or whatever...Leaving the entries more specific instead of open such as Favourite posession (which can be million things).

The choices can be replicated in color or monochrome or however the participants wishes to represent their choice.

This would mean that the enteries would either be THIS(pic1) or THAT(pic2), and therefor choosing a winner would rely on the art itself, instead of the Name of the artist who submitted for the competition. (which was also suggested and well accepted before)

Im not sure how everyone would feel about this, but im sure its worth a shot. I think having 2 choices only would make it more interesting than lets say 3, because having a yes/no choice is better than having a yes/no/maybe.. if that even made sense ; )

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  20. Rood

Rood Active Member

I think this is a good idea, but some people have different talents when it comes to art.

Like myself for instance, I am rather good at replicating something but when it comes to creating my own piece of artwork, I'm absolutely terrible.

I guess this is just one of those things where there will always be some sort of issue as such because talents do just vary so greatly between each individual.

It's a tough one.

Or perhaps another idea (as tedious as it may be, and the fact it would technically be breaking one of the forum rules) could be to assign an account, or several, specifically for the purpose of bmc. If one account was designated which had limited powers (basically only the power to upload the image), and each user who wanted to participate was given the login details where they could then upload their image. Then the poll would be on the individual pieces, not necessarily the user, and perhaps more anonymity could be achieved? Or if several accounts were designated, then perhaps they could be rotated amongst users so as to prevent people becoming accustomed to someone being a certain unknown user. Sorta thing? I know that would be a pain in the ass but I thought it was just another suggestion.