Banned or Blocked from iSketch.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Peter, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Li1acWine

Li1acWine New Member

I have already written to info@isketch. Plus I am fairtly Jobe was the only admin online at thae time. I just wanted to vent a little after sending the email. I think it is unfair to block or ban someone without speaking with them via private message first.

The popup says connection refused! You are blocked from the game.

2. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Pardon me for LOLling, Lilac, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful to your case, but I doubt admins would pm someone and say 'hey dude, are you cheating?' and wait for a reply.

3. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey again Li1acWine :)

As 2.0 has already mentioned, this forum isn't official. I just thought I'd add that this means our forum moderation team (the green and orange-named people) aren't necessarily a part of the iSketch admin team and vice-versa.

Good luck with finding out what happened though :)

4. Rood

Rood Active Member

Wait it out and don't do it again.

5. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

Jobe is an admin of this forum. Please keep in mind we're all players, not admins. Well most of us anyway.

6. Tick-Tock

Tick-Tock New Member

How long does a block last when you were blocked for drawing sexual related stuff? I wasn't ever blocked before and I normally don't infract the rules, but some guy in the room pissed me off and I ended up drawing him in an awkward position. Just wanna know when I'll have access to the game though, it's been almost a day already.

EDIT:
    I suppose it's 24 hours. I'm unblocked now. Thanks for the quick responses!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  7. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Sorry for the late reply Tick-Tock. Yes, blocks tend to last from a few hours up to several days. I'm not entirely sure how long they last for specific infractions, though.

I've seen these "I was provoked" situations all too often around here. I know it's easy for me to say because I have a high tolerance to trolls, but the absolute worst way to deal with a troll is by breaking the rules yourself (e.g. drawing rude pictures). It lowers yourself down to the troll's level and will only result in some sort of admin action taken against you, which will be the ultimate goal for a troll. In my opinion, the best way to avoid them is to pop them on /ignore, that way you cannot see anything that will provoke you.

As I've said, it's really easy for me to say it, but it's just some advice :)

2 people like this.
  8. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

An Ace reply db! as always! Have a great time on your break! =D

9. ANIMALITY

ANIMALITY New Member

i got banned for drawing something very violent. I sent an email already about the ban. I sure hope I get unbanned, because I'll be following the rules down to the bone. I hope theres another chance. whenever I have a day off I gotta play some iSketch man

cuz I love to draw and play!

10. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Firtsly, welcome to the player forum. Secondly, yeah, we're all kinda iSketch nuts here :lol: Thirdly, a ban is permanent, you may only be blocked for a period of time, so probably will get back on the game in no time. Pays to follow the rules :)

PS - you can tell if you're banned or blocked - when you try to log on, it will tell you

11. jessica74b

jessica74b New Member

banned from isketch

hey everyone.without any reason i am banned from isketch.Today after many days i just went to the website and then i found out that i was banned.PLz help...how m gonna unban myself..HELP!!!:sad:

12. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

If you're having problems logging on, Jessica, it's best to write to iSketch feedback at info@isketch.net It's possible you're only blocked, but they will be able to tell you whether it's a block or a permanent ban.

Nobody here can help you as this is a player forum and not a direct iSketch site, as such.

Good luck

13. jessica74b

jessica74b New Member

hey!
    SoulAngel i have already tried the feedback and hope to get a message as soon as possible but the reason i'm confused is that i didn't violate any rules n i got banned.But thanx for the reply. :)

14. Txc_John

Txc_John New Member

what does it mean if it keeps saying connection refused error code

15. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Happy New Year to you too vscntkz :)

And to all the members....have a good one!

16. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

It could mean a variety of things. If there is the word "blocked" or "banned" anywhere in the sentence, then this means you are either temporarily blocked or permanently banned, respectively.

As this forum isn't an official one, you need to discover the specific answer to your question by e-mailing Feedback at info@isketch.net.

Hope this helps :)

17. REM.

REM. Member

I did a sim iliar thing some time ago and I was in theory banned for life ! ( I know it`s not murder )

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.