Banned or Blocked from iSketch.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Peter, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Good advice indeed...perhaps a dose of it yourself may come in handy?

Merry Christmas and I hope you can find some peace within yourself from this issue.

2 people like this.
  2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

First of all REM. Please don't take this personally, but I don't think it's a good idea to remind us all about your ban, especially as you know very well that none of us here can help you. Us regulars here know, and you certainly do know.

If I was a new player who had been blocked or banned, I'd certainly like an answer as to why I was removed (if it wasn't already given in the admin's message of course).
    A lot of these blocked/banned people come here thinking that this forum is official, and that hopefully they can find an answer. Usually (but not always) new forumites here don't search for old threads, they just post and hope for a reply, without having any idea that no-one can help them here or that they can contact Feedback.
    Although advice given here can be personalised for each player depending on what the circumstances are, the majority of issues regarding blocking and banning as you know are solved by going through Feedback. It may seem monotonous for us regular forumites to constantly read "Go to Feedback" or "Ask Feedback, their address is...," etc., but for most new players who do need help, this can provide valuable information.

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine most regulars here are not banned from iSketch. I was blocked for 15 minutes in the past but that's another story :biggrin: Yes, I imagine it would definitely be frustrating not being able to play any more, and yes I would hope that all queries sent to Feedback are answered, but based on the fact that some of us are not banned, we like to use our experience to help removed players as best we can. If that means mentioning Feedback for their benefit, so be it :)

1 person likes this.
  3. REM.

REM. Member

WOW so `complaints` are rude and YOU will request a ban by the forum administrators !

I admit I have been complaining about my ban and have been asked to `move on `and to `post elsewhere` Should I stop posting here and stop empathising with others who have been long term players and have also been banned ?.:lol:

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I think we can avoid all this unnecessary post reporting and ban warnings from the forum. I suggest we all "move on".

REM. I hear you can access iSketch from work, enjoy it. As with all people, be careful out there and you'll have lots of fun :)
    Arris, I wouldn't take admin bashing personally, I'm sure the admins have their training to deal with unwanted attention. They do have their /ignore, just like we do :biggrin:

1 person likes this.
  5. REM.

REM. Member

I have a different opinion to most on here about people who come here to vent their anoyance of being blocked or banned . It is one of the biggest threads on here and obviously used extensively.

Admins are not perfect and as Elfy stated they are only human and flawed with all that human nature offers .

Everyone makes mistakes .............even me !

6. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

If you're banned you are banned that's it! I did not read any of these up! too lazy! but there are always ways to return back and I'm sure you all know it too...So no big deal...If you're banned you are banned..deal with it....Happy New Year BTW!

7. REM.

REM. Member

lol great post .......to the point, matter of fact , no BS :biggrin:

1 person likes this.
  8. K0NY

K0NY New Member

Can you please ban <removed>
    aka <removed> <--- ban hacker

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  9. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Naming and shaming a player on here isn't clever K0NY, no matter how frustrated you seem to be. Multiple posts on the same subject isn't wise either, as it seems you're on a vendetta. This is not an official forum attached to iSketch, it's just a place players can come to. Clearly you have an issue with this player 'and minions' so it would be best to send your complaint to iSketch feedback, where they can deal with it.

10. Po-ta-toes

Po-ta-toes New Member

So I'm living in rented accommodation and the previous tenants got banned. (I'm pretty sure that's the case as my house mates don't play and I've never played at this IP address.) :mad:
    Think if I e-mail the team I've got much chance of being let back in?

11. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I think everyone who is coming from a banned location, whether it was them themselves or another person using the same connection, has a chance of being unbanned. Said chance is usually quite remote, and obviously I can't speak for the Feedback people, but I'd say give it a shot and send an e-mail, the worst they can do is say "Nope, sorry."

Good luck :)

12. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Umm how can another person uses the same connection/ip?unless this person uses a common computer in some internet cafe/sorta then it makes me wonder how can this another person uses the same nick unless the previous one stupidly have said remember me on the same computer!?or very close frirnds.. Grow up people! and deal with it! or if you're sharing a computer with your sis and bros be smart and deal with them....or totally deal with yourselves...
    Kinda tired of seeing these I'm banned pls help me messages here..really ...excluding my dear friend REM here....he knows..
    Cherio

13. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Well, it's possible to have two people in the same room (i.e. using the same connection) at the same time, but you'd be restricted to user-created rooms (UCRs).

If you have a shared computer, like the one it seems in Po-ta-toes case, and the previous people were banned then you would also be banned from iSketch because it would naturally think that the same person is trying to log on again.

Just a bit of added information that an admin once told me with respect to nicknames, it is very possible that people from different locations use the same nicknames, especially if they are common. Anything that they may do to harm your iSketch reputation, i.e. get themselves blocked/banned, purely by choosing that name will not affect you personally :)

14. Holydiver

Holydiver New Member

Gee thx God I know exactly which ones not to use as you do! lol joking* ahem sorta!:lol:

Ty db db ddd bbb for the enlightenment,it will be a great usage to whom hasn't known some details..and to avoid unwanted situations.
    Have a great one!
    :hug:

15. austass

austass New Member

I decided to sign up today when I tried to play for the first time and it said my connection was refused - BANNED. Please un ban my IP as I don't know how this occurred.

16. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey austass and firstly, welcome to the forum :)

This forum is actually not an official one, therefore any unban requests or queries can only be dealt with officially via Feedback and not on here.

Feedback's e-mail address is info@isketch.net. Just pop them an e-mail explaining what it is that you need help with, along with other relevant bits and pieces like IP address (don't post your IP on this forum, you wouldn't want stalkers :p:) and perhaps what date/time you tried to log on, and they'll endeavour to help you. This is your IP address (only you can see your own IP) --> [​IMG] (courtesy of Jobe, hope you don't mind me nicking the link :D)

You'll normally receive two replies from Feedback. The first is an instant reply informing you that your e-mail has been successfully received, and the second is the proper reply addressing your particular issue.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  17. mgeorgescu1990

mgeorgescu1990 New Member

Hello guys? Can my IP get unbanned? I played last night and now I cant loging saying that I am banned...why is that?
    Edit: Not banned ....blocked...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  18. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

mgeorge...if you read the post just before your own, you will notice this is not an official forum and therefore not the place that can help you with blocks/ban removal requests. Drop a line to feedback at info@isketch.net

19. Li1acWine

Li1acWine New Member

Wow just got banned randomly. Apparently I was cheating! But goodness only knows how I cheated. It would of been nice to have a chance to chat with the admin who did it to see what they thought I was up to. It was just a lucky guess!

Sad Isketch lover :(

20. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

It has been said a couple hundred times in the thread, but i'll go again. This is a player and fan forum with no affiliation with the isketch administration. You may discuss your ban here, but there's really nothing anyone here can do for you.

Li1acWine are you sure you were banned? What does it say when you try to log on? You could just be blocked, and blocks are only for a certain amount of time.
    There's little to nothing you or anyone can do to find out which admin kicked you.

Having said that, you may write to info@isketch.net and see if they can do something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.