Banned or Blocked from iSketch.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Peter, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

The admin may well have dealt with your penis drawing before taking action on said trolls; you wouldn't know if anything happened to them after your removal from the game. I'm guessing admin can only see the conversation once they join the room, whereas a penis drawing is pretty clear. You would have to ask Feedback if they can give you specifics.

Based on what I see when I'm playing, 99% of the time, people who draw a penis do it off their own back, without any provocation at all. If you are bullied/teased this is the very reason why you should use your vote first, before you think about retaliation.

I'm not trying to be mean, pushy or anything like that, I'm just providing guidance that can be used by all who may find themselves in this situation.

One thing I will add though. Try not to vote and then immediately leave the room. If admin do come in and you leave the room it can be misconstrued as vote abuse.
    So be careful of that :)

1 person likes this.
  2. MPH

MPH New Member

I made a thread a while ago about the one time i got blocked before this.

That time I got muted and blocked from the game for using caps against people who were abusing me. Now not only are some admins trigger happy, but some seem to take care of their friends very well too. It's hard to vote when you have been treated like this before.

A lot of you people talk as if you have never retalliated to anything in your lives. Then you say that "you should have done this and this" as if we have never tried it before. We have, it just hasn't worked.

Now I did email feedback. I did own up to what I did and I did mention the circumstances. All I got back was:

"According to our records, this was not your
    first rule violation.

I'm sorry, but bans are permanent."

Absolutely no sympathy (i guess the 'im sorry' is enough?)
    And then straight to the ignore list. They haven't replied to my second e-mail.

And if you are going to reply to this post with "you shouldn't have done what you did" don't bother replying at all cause half the posts in this thread are along those lines and aren't helpful.

3. Jobe

Jobe Abministrator

And the moral of this story is breaking the rules is not excuseable even if its in retaliation.

So my advice is be the bigger person, use the tools that are available to vote the player out of the room, ignore them etc.. and dont break any rules yourself.

Most of the rules enforced on iSketch are common sense so breaking them, no matter what your reason is inexcuseable. If you dont want to get muted, blocked, banned, etc... the simple sollution is do not break the rules to begin with. It's no good arguing "oh I only broke the rules because I was being bullied", the fact is you broke the rules. The bully didnt make you do it, the choice was still yours.

So I am sorry you got banned but regardless of the reasons for your actions, your actions were still wrong.

1 person likes this.
  4. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

If you think an admin has been unfair in this way, then writing to feedback with clear information about it is the only way to deal with that. Stating that some admins 'take care of their friends' is a bit kind of slanderous, in my opinion. I have never seen any admin do any such thing, and I've known a few for a fair while now (about 6 years I think). I can't say I have ever experienced an admin giving me preferential treatment just because I a) know them, b) have been around a while and c) get on OK with them. If I have said or done something out of line, they have most certainly let me know! We all have to take responsibility for our OWN actions, and not behave/react badly because of the way someone ELSE has - It's called 'personal responsibility' - and we all have that choice.

You say you have been 'treated like this before' - ahem, would/should that not have been your cue to learn to not react to others? Play your own game, keep it clean, within the rules, have fun. If in doubt, if harangued or harassed...leave the room. It's safer than being banned!

1 person likes this.
  5. MPH

MPH New Member

aaaaand both of you disregarded the last part of my post.

It may sound slanderous, but it is the truth. And no matter what i say to feedback, they will disregarded (well hey im on their block list now anyway so its not like i can email them anyway).

I guess it is impossible for a lot of you people to empathise if you have no been on the other end of the problem.

6. Clau

Clau New Member

I think there is just a point in life where you have to let go and move on. I think Feedback has moved on, most of the people who responded to your posts have moved on.
    Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  7. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Well, I agree...we probably can't 'empathise', as one would have had to have been in the same position to do so. We have, from what I can see, sympathised, though - nobody has been rude or out of line to you about the situation. So there are certainly thoughtful feelings and caring about your situation. However, there has also been good advice - albeit too late for you to heed and put into practice, due to your 'already' predicament. Sorry you feel we haven't been supportive of you - but hey, personally, I don't plan on taking steps to get blocked or banned just so that I can empathise with you or 'understand' your situation better. I guess I'm kinda selfish like that.

8. Arrisdaroldi

Arrisdaroldi Forum Junkie

hehe...

I am sick of people complaining about the admins. They do there job amazingly deal with hundreds of trolls a month and you still say they are trigger happy? NO THEY ARE NOT. They have rules when admining far stricter than us players. So stop bashing them because I see it as rude comments. Which is against the rules...and your post in general about not replying if we say you shouldn't have done what you did was rude as well.

:mad:
    If it continues from you my complaints will immediately be taken to the forum moderators for request of removal and forum administrators for possible warning and or ban from the forum.

9. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

I realize this has concluded but I do agree with MPH. Not only should he have been punished but the provoker should have been too. I, personally have witnessed multiple occasions where the initial rule breaker gets no punishment but the user who retaliates with another broken rule gets the full blow.

It's unfair and unjust and before banning/blocking, I do think in some cases Admin's should hear them out so that not only that user gets punished but the other does too.

* iSnack2.0 hands Arris a breath mint.

10. Arrisdaroldi

Keep in mind admins [removed](Admin Detail). If the player was just joining, he could have recieved a smaller warning/punishment from the admin. If the player starting it was to continue then he/she is likely to be punished in the future.

* Arrisdaroldi is calm now

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  11. MPH

MPH New Member

@iSnack - Thanks for your understanding.
    @Arrisdaroldi - If something is rude and at the same time the truth, then so be it. You may think the admins are perfect and do such a great job, but I have experienced their errors first hand and can tell you that some of them are just not very good at their job.

2 people like this.
  12. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

MPH... whilst I can understand your frustration; you did draw something that violated the rules (a fact that you accepted in your original post).

I have to disagree with your last statement however; Admins are tasked with making quick decisions to ensure that the rules are upheld. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but it seems to me that when you are on the receiving end of their enforcement, you are not entirely going to like the action taken against you and will feel that some are not good at their job. It's par for the course, it sucks, but heh... I certainly don't want to see a cartoon penis when I play :sad:

2 people like this.
  13. MPH

MPH New Member

Like I said, the penis was wrong and I was rightfully banned for it. It's the stuff that happened before this that I'm not happy about.

Yes they make quick decision, but they aren't always the right ones.
    Scrap that, if they made quick decisions I wouldn't have drawn that penis.

14. Arrisdaroldi

You act as if you got banned for drawing a penis because the admin did not kick the person “mocking you.”

Yet, most people i know who are regulars either A) Plop the person on ignore or B) leave the room.

You should have known better than retaliating to the trolls if you were a regular, as I assume you were because you stated that you are a loyal player.

In the end, as a regular player as I am, when I see someone draw a penis, I do not think “Oh, this is a response from him for mocking” but i think “Oh, great another troll” because in most circumstances the user that draws the rude and inappropriate image is doing it to either A) be funny or B) troll which is in no way fair to us regulars who don't break the rules.

Most of us regular know there will be consequences for our actions, if we are to make bad decisions and the newbies don't. That is why there are admins and regulars who play and love to help.

So good luck if you ever are able to play again, and take it as a life lesson to know that someone is always watching and your actions can cause problems if not thought over.

15. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

16. MPH

MPH New Member

You sound like a broken record.

I was a regular for at least 2 years (on and off) before this incident. Most of the time yes it is a 'troll' but on other occasions, it can be because of abuse (or do you never use the chat box?).

I'll say this again since you seem to struggle to understand it and repeat the same things over and over again.

I drew the penis and I take all the blame for drawing it, but the lead up to it is a different story.

17. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

To be perfectly honest, this snippet of this thread is just repeating so we all sound like broken records at the moment. Can we all just finish this conversation here and agree to disagree?

I'm sorry to hear that you were banned, MPH, and I hope those trolls got their just desserts as well :)

1 person likes this.
  18. Anym21

Anym21 New Member

my message says :connection refused! you are bloked from the game

what can i do?

19. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

A block is temporary, and is simply a waiting game to get back on. It seems some people have experienced several hours, to several days, depending on what they did wrong to incur the block. I'm sure you'll get back on soon enough with patience

1 person likes this.
  20. REM.

REM. Member

This is exactly my situation !. I think certain people should refrain from commenting here . They are of no help whatsoever and obviously do not realise the frustration of being baned and constantly state the obvious, over and over again. I think they should `move on` and post else where.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.