Australian Meet

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by Saffron, May 28, 2007.

1. aerochick

aerochick New Member

Karaoke?
    * aerochick starts trudging along the Brooklyn Bridge in the hopes of making it to Aus on time to hear Dean singing Metallica.......again.:twisted:

2. Dean

Dean New Member

I did?who said I was coming..?:p

3. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Well Deano, no excuses now mate, b. has offered a place for you to stay..... :eek:

* Saffron runs before she gets stabbed

4. b...

b... New Member

I don't think so. I have only so much carpet. And it's reserved for my clothing.
    Although, if you'd all love to come and share my charming siblings bedrooms.. There's an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old who'd LOVE your company :p
    (I'll even charge you for the pleasure!)
    Teehee...

*Chases Saff with a knife*

For good measure...
    *Stabs*
    ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  5. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

Ok enough with the stabbing. Do you lot like anything besides the normal boozing, which should be mandatory?

The brits appear to have established a 10 pin bowling activity as a regular thing - will look for a place that does karaoke if you want to - Here is a link to hotel prices around Parramatta.

Hotels - rough guide

http://www.check-in.com.au/Sydney/Parramatta_hotels.htm

And when I get a second or 3 to research it.

Did I hear you say you wanted Karaoke AND bowling??? This place is just outside Sydney - not sure what its like never heard of it until I googled it. If you are staying in the City its an option - but if it's to be Parramatta then there's really not much point unless you want to play on the CityRail Network.

http://www.strikebowlingbar.com.au/sydney/index.html

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  6. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

I personally am not that interested in bowling, doesn't mean to say others aren't and it shouldn't be done.

I have been asking all Aussies I know on isk each time I go on to send ideas to the email (or yes scats, can do it via MSN if they have it - same address). There's only a few aussies that are forum members so not everyone reads this.

I was thinking to maybe just come up with an itinerary based on those suggestions. The important thing for now is to let people know the date and that it looks like it is going to be Parramatta.

Appreciate the accommodation info BM thanks.
    xx

7. Dean

Dean New Member

bowling and karaoke at same place?!!!!!

8. tuppence

tuppence New Member

* tuppence wonders if they only sell singing bowling balls in aus???

9. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Im not sure why this thread isn't showing anymore?

All welcome to the Australian Meet to be held in Sydney (Parammatta)
    on the weekend of 13/14 October 2007.

If you have any suggestions for what you might like to do, please email:
    aussie_isk_meet@hotmail.com or add that addrerss to your MSN.

I will keep you informed as details continue to be worked out.

Saff
    xx

10. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

That would be because there hasn't been a post to that thread for a while. You need to set your browser settings to show more than the last 24 hours. Not sure exactly how - but you just need to play about with your settings.

The thread is still in existence.

CLICK HERE

11. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

*stealth merge*

If you go into your User CP, under the control panel heading, or 'Kontrol Paneli' as it's written, there is an Edit Options link. You can scroll down to the Thread Display options and select a different Default Thread Age Cut Off

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  12. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Oh OK thankies.
    And thanks for merging them Ches. :)

13. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

If you want to hang out in Parramattatta, then here are some pub options

PJ Gallaghers

One World Sport

Bar & Pub Guide to Parramatta

One World Sport is closer to all the restaurants. PJ Gallaghers is a pretty good venue.

If you want to go out in Sydney city, then there are a gazillion options.

Someone suggested The Orient

And here is just a list of the pubs around The Rocks and Circular Quay

There's a fantastic Pizza place in The Rocks - been there forever, called Zia Pina's - went there one night - got the bill - decided to have sambuca shots and by the time we finished, we'd doubled the bill:twisted:

14. bell

bell New Member

Bell will go just to teach the Eastern Staters how to party..Any other sandgropers going?

15. Wake305

Wake305 New Member

lol i will go but im not even close

16. b...

b... New Member

Mummmm...
    What's a sandgroper?
    I've come to bring some life to this thread!!
    Aussie Meet - Woo!
    Can't say I've heard Saff advertising it in game anymore :( Dissapointing.
    PJ's is a nice enough looking Establishment...
    I know some nice places to eat in Parra.
    Glad BM$ is coming - He can wear his uniform and scare away all the scary people in the el-lovely place! :p
    Not that ANYONE in Parra is scary... It's a friendly place... Hmm.
    We can go get Ice-Cream at Cold Rock - Mmm... Yum!
    And Now Im done reviving this thread!
    Aussie Aussie Aussie ! Oi oi oi!
    Hehehe...
    :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  17. kisskiss

kisskiss Guest

but who will save you from him?

18. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

Sandgroper = Westralians
    Croweater = South Ozzies
    Mexicans = Victorians
    Cane Toads = Queenslanders

That Italian place in Parramatta isnt bad - the one in the old church - and I think Sicilians (is that it?) isn't bad either.

PJ's is great.

Icecream doesn't go with beer very well.

Uniform is hidden in back of cupboard as I don't use it in my job.

And the Parramatta River is more of a glorified Stormwater Drain isn't it?

Nobody can. Unless Mrs BM fronts up:twisted:

19. bell

bell New Member

A Sandgroper is a Western Australain b. (you know that far away place on the other side of the country where the scenery is the only thing more beautiful than the women ..rofl :twisted:

Hows everyone going with there accomodation ect Ive found a few places but not knowing Sydney at all would like to know where everyone else wants to go.I need to know asap because since Im going all that way Im going to spend a few weeks traveling around (hopefully QLD ) Im also going to go to Bondi ect after the weekend so if any of you Aussies have any suggestions on where to stay or what is the best places please let me know!:rolleyes:

Does anyone know how many people are looking at coming ?Hopefully Everyone will have a brilliant time and lots of drunken anarchy will be on the cards..Bell thinks Bad Manners should leave his badge at home because she is a bit of a devil .A whip will suffice I think :twisted:

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI !!! ( Is this what your after b..?)

20. b...

b... New Member

I refuse to go to the one in the old church, on principle. I think it's tacky. Anyway :p Sicillians is lovely. Mmm...
    Never been in PJ's, but it looks nice :)
    Ice-cream goes fantastically with anything... Err... Not that I drink beer... Ok fine, we'll skip the Ice-Cream. Party pooper.
    Stormwater drain? More like a glorified Sewer... Ha :p
    But Parramatta is like a glorified Cess (sp?) pool.. So such is life!!!

Haha - I didnt realise people inhabited that side of Australia... It's you know, so far away and all. Practically Asia... :p Lol. (J/K - I love you Bellie :)!)

Not really - Thought I'd just chuck in the chant - But now that you've added it - Im feeling rather in the Spirit :p :p :p

*Hopes and prays BM is on his best behavour!!!*
    *Puts Mrs.BM on speed dial... Just in case*