Australian Meet

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by Saffron, May 28, 2007.

1. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

:biggrin: I have spoken to as many Aussies as I know and quite a few are keen to do an Australian meet.

We have a date - weekend of 13/14 October
    We have a place - Sydney

This should give those of us not in NSW time to pick up a cheap flight.
    Further details will be posted as they are arranged, but for now, that's all I have!

Saph
    xx

2. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

* MsNerdinator wonders if Saff will pay for her ticket :razz:

3. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

Please note - It's NOT AT MY HOUSE - no matter how much Saffron tries to tell you it is. Although the discount on group divorces may be a benefit to both of us if I did have a house full of iSketchers.:twisted:

Depending on where it is though, I may have to meet up with you mid-way - Mrs BM's birthday is on the 9th, and that usually means going out for dinner on the weekend.

Will try to convince her that we should go out on her actual birthday AND 6 Oct so I can free up the 13/14 and get bonus brownie points.

Have you thought of anywhere more specific than Sydney? It's kind of a big place you know - not like Taswegia. Scatikins suggested maybe Parramatta - which is becoming the business centre of Sydney. There are some good pubs and bars there and hotel prices may be cheaper than the City.

4. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

oh har bloody har BM. :eek:
    I don't know Sydney much, so was going to contact some of you Sydneysiders for suggestions. I just wanted to let people know the date.

5. Dean

Dean New Member

yeh good luck getting the meet going..

6. scaredy_cat

scaredy_cat New Member

Parramatta :D best place in the world... well not really... but you get the idea :p hehe its more central to BM, b. and myself :)

7. Buffers

Buffers Guest

I wish you guys a load of luck... Oz is such a big place! You HAVE to take lots of piccies though so I can see all you guys having fun! I'd love to come...I could start digging a hole in my backyard now.. and maybe by Oct i'll fall through to Oz lol

8. bunE

bunE New Member

Lol I was thinking that too Buffers, we could pool resources and dig one big hole?? I would love to go to meet many of the Aussies. Good luck with arranging Saff hun x

9. Piggie

Piggie New Member

I am so jealous! I'd love to be there! Not only to meet the rabble but Australia is such a lovely place. Hopefully in a couple of years I'll be down near Melbourne so if the Sydney meet goes will then perhaps we'll have a Melbourne one!! :biggrin:

10. *AJ*

*AJ* New Member

Hmm, I really want a brownie now. Thanks a lot BM! :sad:

Oh and you aussie lot all meeting up, how cute ^_^
    Hope it goes well and the turn out is good! :razz:

11. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

Awww hell i thought i was staying at your place BM
    Well i will have to save some mega pennies if i want to go eh:rolleyes:

12. jewels

jewels New Member

Best Priced Flights to Sydney

Our Best Flight Fare from HEATHROW to SYDNEY is from £430 + £201 tax (Total £631) flying with Korean Airlines. Leaving on 09 October 2007, and returning from Sydney on 16 October 2007.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cherry hun, flights to Sydney in october, aren't too dear, I have found some from as low as £380 + tax. An over night stop (9 hours +) in the far east can also bring the price down a bit.

edit: don't think I would go, as much as i would love to met the oz lot, 1) I wouldn't leave my family that long.
    2) i'm not a lover of long haul flights/ multi plane trips.( unless someone wants to pay for me to fly business/first class)

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  13. wild cherry

wild cherry Banned

You are right jewels, i couldent go really for the reasons you stated.
    KIDSSSSSS,or i would be booking as we speak:cry:

14. tuppence

tuppence New Member

I hope the meet is as successful over there as they are over here xxx

Heres to Down Under!!!!!!!!!
    * tuppence goes in search of a few "tinnies"

15. RuthLess

RuthLess New Member

who is baking brownies???

will try and come and be Ruthless!!!
    (makes note in diary...be Ruthless in October)
    :eek:

16. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

What and be completely without Ruth?

Ok I will get serious and research some places - what are your goals and expectations?

Cute? Us lot? Seriously misguided there kiddo. But if I come to England I will buy you a brownie and maybe even a hot chocolate or milkshake. In the meantime here's a couple of brownies for you.

[​IMG]

Oh I'm sure I could find a place for you. Do you mind sharing? Jessie doesn't.>.>.>.>[​IMG]

17. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

lol thanks Deano, you're so encouraging....and....and....that photo - so handsome too! xx

1. Meet other Aussie i-sketchers
    2. Drink

that's about it really, oh ....possibly some karaoke :biggrin:

I have set up a hotmail address, and will give it to people as I run into them on isk to send me ideas on what they might like to do.

Saff
    xx

18. Dean

Dean New Member

Karaoke..oooo.
    Will there be nachos?

19. b...

b... New Member

I can aid you in possible things to do in Parra area - being Im right down the road :p
    Karoke Im not so sure about...
    But I could possibly pick people up from the airportay if they need it - because Im a nice person ;) And dont pay for my petrol or tolls :p
    Anyway.
    Nacho's Ill do :p
    Drinking Ill do...
    Erm...
    And hey - I found the forum *snaps for me*.
    :biggrin:
    Promise not to stab anyone also... Except maybe for Dean.
    Woo for Isk!

20. Dean

Dean New Member

What a Blast you are.