Arcade: complaints and ideas

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Vik, Mar 13, 2008.

1. storm

storm Forum Tempest

I don't know what you have to do to get on it with 0 points, but if you're top 10 in at least one game you'll definitely get on there.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, you get points for each rank you hold in the top 10 (first place gets 10 points, second place gets 9 points...etc, until tenth place gets 1 point). So go get a ranking, tiger! :razz:

1 person likes this.
  2. Sunny1

Sunny1 New Member

Ohhh that sounds hard!!!
    I'm gonna go now ^^

3. *bumped*

Hi Peter :D

I need my pacman fix, innit! :cry:
    I know it might be hard fixing the arcade (I'm not sure what the actual problem was), but could we be updated with what's going on? :) If it's possible to fix, etc. Cheers!

4. Peter

Peter Administrator

Sounds to me like you need the Adobe Flash Player, you can download the installer for it here. I'd try that because I've also found the firefox plugin installer to be quite useless when it comes to installing flash.

________

So I think I managed to tackle most of the problems in this thread:

• Mumu - Deleted
    • Bloody Yeti Sports 1 - Fixed
    • Yeti 1 Greece - Fixed
    • Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap - Fixed
    • Yetisports 5 - Standard Edition - Deleted
    • Yetisports 6 - Big Wave - Deleted
    • Pool Online - Fixed
    • Asteroids - Fixed
    • Pacman - Re-Added: no previous scores, sorry :(
    • Curveball - Fixed
    I do hope to get the missing Yeti sports back as I do like the series. I didn't delete apples cos as far as I can see the person with the fastest time gets the no. 1 spot.

For this error:

I believe this error can be avoided in two ways:

1. Make sure you have the 'Remember Me' box checked when you login.
    2. After your score has been submitted successfully do not use the back button/shortcut to get back to the game, instead click one of the links to the game on the score page.
    Thanks to everyone who reported games with issues :) I'll be doing a upgrade of the arcade soon as it's slightly out of date. I also have a whole bunch of new games that I can add.

Sorry it took me ages :( Let me know if there's any other problems with it I haven't covered.

5 people like this.
  5. OMG... !

* MrsNerdinator does a girlie, dramatic faint

Thank you so much, Peter! XD

Pacman! :D
    I think I can safely say that Deadlock (especially, haha), Deadpan and storm will be happy to see that back :D As well as others, of course. I'm cool with the scores gone.. it'll be a battle to watching Deadlock and Deadpan trying to beat each others scores again, heh.

Peeeeeter.. you said you've got a bunch of new games you can add. Please do! :D For my sanity :p Would there be a restriction on how many new games you can add? Like, would you have to get rid of a few games (bit of an exchange thing)? I only ask 'cause I don't know how much the board can take XD

6. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

Thank you Peter! :biggrin:

* TempusFugit goes off to play some Curve Ball and also perhaps whack a few penguins...

boy.. have I missed that :twisted: :razz:

7. Peter

Peter Administrator

There wouldn't be a restriction on how many I can add but I dunno if having too many would be a bad thing... here's a list of games I have available to upload:

List has moved here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  8. OMG.. :eek: That's a mighty long list!

To be honest, I don't know too much about these games - which ones are good or bad, etc. I've just got really addicted to a few on here, and I love it 'cause you're playing against your friends a lot of the time :)

Lol @ putting them all up.. I kinda think you should.. hehe. We should have a vote ;) I think a good idea would be to have most/all of them, and then you could get rid of some over time.. if they're not so popular? I just realised this is one good way of making the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy go by reeeal fast.. :razz:

9. TempusFugit

Wow!!! So many!!! Considering we are quite democratic...:)twisted:) I suggest a poll (obviously not on ALL of those options - perhaps cut down the list to 20 and the top 10 get added to the arcade?)

Anyhow... the one's that really stand out for me are the Typing Test and YetiSports 1.5 :twisted: hmmm.... perhaps I need help :razz: lol

Edit: Oooo... Mahjong!!!! I love that game!

Nerdy... get out of my head... it isn't good for you :twisted:

10. Down to 20? Pfft! :razz:

TF has a fever, she's had this nasty cold going around. Feel free to ignore her. :razz:

11. TempusFugit

Nooo... :razz:

Not down to just 20 games in the arcade, total... put choose twenty NEW games from the list that Peter has kindly provided and THEN run a poll :razz:

lol

Now then... about my fever.... :twisted: That's my excuse and I am sticking to it...

* TempusFugit goes back to watching Most Haunted Live :eek: It's scary :cry: :razz:

12. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Yay, Pacman! Love it. Thanks for fixing the games Peter :)

13. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

peter..... thats a freaky long list ....and that many games..i'll probs get lost in XD the arcade'll be like a maze....

14. I know you meant that, but I think it'll just be really fun to have all the games there. XD Hehe. Come on, you've had kids.. you know how boring it gets carrying and just.. waiting for the baby to make an entrance :razz:

If it is possible, Peter could do an A-Z of games if it's possible, maybe? You click on 'B' for example, and all the games under B come up. Just so it's organised on the side of the arcade or something. And then of course, the most popular played games can still be listed on the other side.

Something like that so it'll be less of a maze. XD

15. jenni939706

lol, and what if i dont know what im looking for? XD

16. Then click on anything :D lol Explore the arcade XD

17. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

In other words, the exact way it is at the moment? :rolleyes:

:twisted:

18. jenni939706

be nice nh XD we forgot :p

19. *AJ*

*AJ* New Member

Nice long list, I just tried out about 20 random games. They vary a lot in how good they are to play and how long I stay interested. One or two I sorta closed straight away cos they didn't make sense.

A couple require the same sorta thing, like Tiger Punch and Tiger Moth - Tiger Moth is less annoying. power up the things to whack something right in front of you.
    Yankee go home is funny, you whack George Bush and see how far he goes, gets boring after about 10 shots though.
    Suicide puppy is just a long distance game, give the pup some power, release him and he squishes him self into the ground, blood squirts out and the crowd cheer :eek:
    Super fishing is better than that current slow fishing game we have in the arcade, it works faster and looks better :p
    Tontie's good but quite a mission if you're a laptop user with only numbers in a row and not like an actual keypad - I guess in a way it makes it's a bit more challenging - It's basically whack-an-alien using numbers.
    War on terror - well, I lost that cos apparently I shot too many innocent people, not my fault they were wearing hoodies - honestly!
    White van man - drive away from the police and something about cars, I wasn't really paying much attention - I got nicked, w00p :smile:
    Witch Hunt was just weird when it started so cba. I think the witch did this weird seductive belly dance o_O
    Warthog launch was easy but got boring after a bit. You launch cars at warthogs and adjust the position, power and height the car launches.
    Virus - the missile launcher thing moved too slowly, you have to blow up the planes dropping viruses on Earth.
    Twelve swap and zoo keeper - you just switch the faces/animals to get three together then they vanish.
    Submarine's alright, music's annoying :p
    Squid hunter -meh, Super fishing is better
    Turbo turtle's alright, cute turtle and he walks funny :razz:
    Mahjong Solitaire is WAY better than Mahjong connect imo. Latter is slow, long winded and boring - addictive <3
    And yay! Curveball! :razz:

I think for some reason I might have chosen a rubbish handful of games to test out and the rest on the list are probably better.

* *AJ* goes off to test some more.

20. jenni939706

* jenni939706 doesnt think shes gonna read AJ's explanations -_-

* jenni939706 also thinks she fails at pacman XD

does that count as a complaint?