Arcade: complaints and ideas

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Vik, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Vik

Vik New Member

Use this thread to tell us about any complaints you have with the arcade or any games or tournaments that need to be fixed. Also please let us know any ideas you have for making the arcade a better place (apart from scrapping it and starting again, cheeky...)

This thread has been stickied and will be moved into a new arcade section once it's been made.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  2. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

- Remove the games that are in duplicate or triplicate, leave the version that works with the highscores.

That'd be all really.

3. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

A few newer games would be cool too :D Or maybe that's just me. XD
    If it's too much of a hassle, then Peter should just ignore that.. but I think it would be nice to introduce some more games if it's possible :)

Oh, and to add to what 2.0 said.. removing the games that no longer work :) like Aski (or was that always broken?).

4. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Maybe a FAQ regarding games which don't work on certain players' computers?

Helicopter, Askiv and Chopper Challenge I think are the ones that don't work for me, even after installing things, uninstalling things, reinstalling things, clearing cahce and shouting a lot.

5. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

Aski has never worked properly for anybody as far as i know. The game runs and starts, but the screen is always black. Some will not work with newer versions of flash.

6. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Sorry my mistake - I meant "Eskiv", the one with the moving shapes. I just get a vertical line in the middle of the play area.

7. //Loviii--x

//Loviii--x New Member

That happens with me, but when i click "play game (in new window)" all three work. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

It works! Thanks so much! I can now get angry at other games apart from "Pacman" :razz:

9. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

Yeah, the vertical line is actually the game working fine, it's just itsy bitsy....

Complaint/idea: I think it would be better if tournaments gave you 7 days to play all 3 attempts, not 7 days between each - takes too long.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  10. 2.0

2.0 Super Moderator

I believe that is customizable when creating the tournament. Not sure what the max amount of days is, 7 is just by default.

11. storm

storm Forum Tempest

In arcade tournys, people move up to the next level if they've got a higher score, not because they didn't keep refreshing their time limit.

So if someone plays first and gets a score that is higher than his/her competitor's 1st attempt, then the 1st player is not forced to play a redundant game because the 2nd player only played his/her first attempt on Day 6, because then it might just become a whoever-starts-second-wins kind of thing.

12. Deadpan

Deadpan New Member

That's an excellent idea, but I'm not sure if it's possible. If not, perhaps tourneys with 3 day intervals instead of 7?

As for the deletion of clones, that would help a lot when making tourneys. But it might not be possible, since sometimes games need clones to work (that sounds stupid, but it's true ;/)

13. *AJ*

*AJ* New Member

Erm, not a complaint or idea, but could a mod please send 2.0 onto the next round of Asteroids please? I didn't get to play my third go cos the game went white again, meh. well done 2.0, although I did expect your score to be a lot better than 8000 odd :p

14. *AJ*

*AJ* New Member

La la la.... could a mod kindly do the same as the above for the Asteroids tourney but bump Deadlock ahead please?

The tourny was buggy for me, couldn't see the game, no sounds or anything but then it didn't send Deady to the final :S

I swear it wasn't me :smile:

15. storm

storm Forum Tempest

WHOA. Hold on a second. Is it just me or is there no Pacman since the arcade fix?! :eek: Help! :'((

16. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

:0 not just you, i dont see pacman anywhere.........go poke peter :p

17. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

Arrrgh! You're right! And it's one of 2 games I play constantly! lol.

Peeeeter, is there a way to get Pacman back?! :(

And just to add to that... can we have some more arcade games if it's possible? :D

18. Facey

Facey New Member

Can we have bloody yeti fixed too please?

19. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

Lol.. it's still broken? Heh.
    Maybe Peter should delete it? I don't think that one is fixable :|

(btw.. welcome back, Facey)

20. storm

storm Forum Tempest

BTW, Aski is still a black screen. It still lets people play and get scores, but if you could find a version where we can see the skier, that would be much better! :smile:

OK, just took a quick glance at the Arcade and if we're gonna list the games that don't work... then on my computer and I suspect most other people's too, the following games have duplicates, and the duplicates don't work (i.e. it either won't register your score on the forum scoreboard, or it won't load at all):

Asteroids x3
    Breakout x2
    Curveball x3
    Hexxagon x2
    Ollie Skates x2,
    Pool Online x1 (doesn't load)
    Simon x2
    Snake x3
    Space Invaders x2
    Tetris x2
    Typing test x1 (doesn't load)

Arcade would look a bit cleaner at least without the copies and ones that don't work! :biggrin: Might look really small afterwards too ;o

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
    1 person likes this.