Arcade: Chat

Discussion in 'Games and Competitions' started by Rbut, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Random RH but putting it here too ...

I posted a while back about another site that had a hell of a lot of games like the ones we have here, Pacman etc, well they also have Navy Battles but it's called Navy War. There are only 3 levels and none of them feature islands. Highest score is 58,015.

So far I've just completed level 1 and I've got over 50,000! Jeeez - its literally giving away missiles and torpedos with every hit. If you can't make it out, in my torpedos I've got 16 ... SIXTEEN ... torpedoes ... and that's not counting the ones I already used! Must have had 15 cluster bombs too! I like this game - A LOT!!!! Mwahahahaha....

[​IMG]

2. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Just something I noticed about Navy Battles...

If you use the missle and it locates the first part of the ship, the next parts of the ship are usually below the hit or to the right of the hit. Saves needless clicking and points to check those two areas first.

3. Sybarite

Sybarite New Member

In Red Beard if you complete the game you cannot submit your score.
    A Miniclip quirk.

4. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Whoa Look Out Deadlock.
    We have a new Navy Battles Champ.............. ^^

5. Yeah, dude! that's like.. awesome! :O
    Well done, BelliHead!
    But well done to me beating you in the tourney XD LOL

6. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Excellent score! Woop!

Tending not to play so much on here these days tho .... tvfunspot is where I'm attacking scores :razz:

Navy Battles also seems to be a test of patience, if you can bear the wobbly screen every time you get hit, then fine. If, like me, you get irritated by it, you just end up killing all their ships in an attempt to get it over with, and miss all that lovely bonus ammo :sad:

7. storm

storm Forum Tempest

First round of Navy Battles... *hangs head in shame* :$

8. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

Ooooh storm. Your funny scores in Mahjong Connect: I had to do it today to make sure I didn't get wedgied out of the tournie, so I clicked "Next Level" very quickly and got an odd score (ie not a multiple of 5). I think it's because we clicked "Next Level" before it had finished adding the bonus points left for time......so even though we miss out on some time bonus points, we are guaranteed to go through to Level 2.

My aim with that game now is to actually complete Level 2 so there are no remaining pairs. I wonder what is next.........^^

9. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

10. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

LOL that's the way!! Ya gotta bet big to win big.
    (My husband has refused to ever take me to the real races though.......)

11. Bellicimo

Bellicimo Active Member

aha, :( aww i knew i should have tried to get something higherrrrrrr, but well donee :) :)

12. OH MAN!
    I just realised I could have got the second highest score in Navy Battles (on the highscores table) but nooooo.. I decided to get my high score in the tourney game! Why does it happen where/when you don't want it to happen?! >.>

* MrsNerdinator hugs her personal best

13. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

:eek: Typical.... and I am your opponent!!!!

Well done Nerdy - but commiserations on your highscore thing :(

14. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Ahahah twice my mahjong connect game has been a poop. -_-
    Once it did the whole writing over the screen, then the second game it just went black when the game hadn't finished. O-o

15. Saffron

Saffron Forum Spice

storm has found that if you click 'Next level' before the rest of the timer runs down at the end of Level 1, you don't get wedgied with the writing over the screen. So let it run down as much as possible to get max points, but not all the way. I ahve done this in my tournament games, and whilst I have missed some points from level 1, at least I get to attempt Level 2.
    Not sure what happened with the second game, I've never had anything like that. o_O

16. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

Mmm, before I used to hardly ever get the writing over, so I was just seeing if I would, but thank you for the advice :)
    And yeah, it was very odd... I was playing I think my bonus time was nearly out, but I'm sure I had some left, but maybe not, it went to game over then it went black so quickly.. o_O lol

17. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

We have new blood storming up the Arcade charts ... woooo Jmac :razz: killing scores left and right :p

Just leave me Pacman, k?

18. Jmac

Jmac New Member

Dont worry, some scores i.e. pacman, mahjong connect, battleship are a little out of my reach, and thanks for the congrats

19. Deadlock

Deadlock Pacmonster

Battleships is a piece of cake, just needs patience, I personally can't get the hang of Mahjong Connect, too much thinking for my liking :p

20. Jmac

Jmac New Member

sorry tasha, twas a lucky run really, i actually was just playing it at nights when i was bored cause i like the game... sorry to take your high score:sad: