April Fool!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tasha, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tasha

tasha New Member

Anyone done anything funny for it?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

Ooo.. Tasha! It is widely practised in a lot of countries (in the US I do believe it is quite big out there) :razz:

Also.... Estonia actually have a Saint named after April Fools - it is quite an important religious festival. Tradition has it that the single males throw tomatoes at the woman they would like to marry... if Mr TF threw a tomato at me - he would definitely get what for :eek:

3. Gary

Gary New Member

I changed my borthers laptop language to German so he can only read German haha!

4. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

The eskimos celebrate April 1st by sawing out fishing holes in the ice, but then replacing the ice they cut out, hoping for the hilarity of a fellow eskimo falling through to the amusement of onlookers. Its called 'Olol Fapir' and is widely practised.

5. Gary

Gary New Member

Lol sounds fun.

6. Ches

Ches Super Moderator

Slightly made up? How very dare you.... :D

7. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

I'm far too much of a party pooper to play April Fool's tricks :mad: :razz:

Edit: LMAO at Inklink Forum!!! :razz:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  8. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

Lol, I just went up to my little sister's bedroom (the only form of contact she's had is with the computer this morning). I banged on her door a little and screamed, "Guesss whaaat?! A hurricane is heading towards the UK tonight! And in this weather!" (It's sunny here.. rofl!!).

She was like "you're kidding, right? But, but... I was just on Yahoo news, and I saw nothing of it! Where did you hear this?". I replied that it's been all over the television. She freaked out a little, went back to her laptop to read about it, which is when I said "April Fools".. muhahaha! Her reaction... "YOU LITTLE....hahahaha. OMG, I can't believe you! You cow!" :razz: *moo*

Not sure why I said a hurricane was coming.. but it was funny!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007
  9. jewels

jewels New Member

lol I just noticed it,

[​IMG]

10. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

Not sure if you meant mine, or the InkLink. But mine was done before, I was just too slow writing it up for you lot... plus elsewhere around the world it's not midday yet :p My sister claims she'll get me back. And here's hoping that we really don't get a hurricane :p

I never noticed the InkLink until you lot pointed it out! *slaps wrists* Now THAT's funny!

11. jewels

jewels New Member

oh should we be able to see the inklink logo ?
    or did tasha paste it herself ?
    as I can't see it.

12. MsNerdinator

MsNerdinator Guest

You should be able to see it, hun. I can see it. Might be a browser thing?

13. Peter

Peter Administrator

It's probably Cached, hold control and press F5 to refresh the page from the server.

14. aerochick

aerochick New Member

My husband and toddler put a gigantic, black rubber ant at the bottom of her hamper....I nearly jumped out of my skin this morning!
    * aerochick scratches her head while thinking of revenge...........

15. Bad_MaNneR$

Bad_MaNneR$ New Member

I pulled off the best one I have ever done a few years back when the NSW Government decided to relocate my section to the far north coast of NSW (almost to the Queensland border).

The Premier's Department had done a Press Release about "Jobs for the bush" and none of us were impressed at the idea of relocation or having to find a new position.

I created my own Press Release detailing that my section would NOT be relocated to the bush and that in alliance with the Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils - they had decided to build a second police station in my suburb and house my section in there as well. (A former Government promise had been made that they would actually build a second station - but they of course reneged due to lack of cash.)

This bogus Press Release indicated that another Section would in fact be relocating to the bush and with the information I had included, was reasonably believable.

I noted that the original my Commander had, was faxed from the Minster's Office - so reprogrammed my fax to replicate theirs and faxed the bogus one to my Boss, knowing that on April 1, his secretary would clear the fax machine first thing in the morning and disseminate it far and wide.

Little did I know just exactly how far and wide.

It had been sent to the acting Executive Director (next in line to the Deputy Commissiner), who called the actual Executive Director at home to tell him of the about-face by the Premier. He never found out who had done it (as there was and still is no evidence) and as he's now out of the job it doesn't matter. The Executive Director apparently said, "Barry - you idiot - look at the date on it!"

The next week - a mate who had received a copy (at the section I had said was relocating) had apparently done a 14 page submission as to why their section could not be moved to the bush and gave it to his boss - who immediately realised what had happened because my boss had already sent him a copy of my "Press Release" on April 1.

16. gracie

gracie New Member

so, on the plane back from France,

oh yeah. i'm back. :D

anyways, there was an article about the best jokes ever played. one that i found really funny was a radio show that announced that during a crucial time of the day, Pluto would slip behind Jupiter or something which would cause the gravity on Earth to be lessened. listeners were told that if they jumped up at the correct moment, they'd feel some weightlessness for a couple of seconds. hundreds of people called in to say that they had felt this weightlessness.