Admin abuse

Discussion in 'iSketch' started by Sarmageddon, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Sarmageddon

Sarmageddon New Member

Hi, the admins on isketch are possibly the worst admins i've ever seen, that includes all games. I got banned because i pointed out two cheaters in the game and started a vote to kick them out. Instead of letting me - a loyal player to the game, continue my gaming he/she chose to ban me and didn't do jack about the cheaters. They told me to watch my language and fix my "persistent" behavior. Some admins are rude, hot-tempered, accusatorial and bans for nothing. Oh, and it's not the first time i get kicked out or banned for trying to get RID of cheaters or those who draw unrelated drawings. The one who banned me for nothing was probably (admin name removed) i believe, he was in the same room as me and asked who was cheating and when i told him he just replied "thank you" and after a few seconds i got banned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
  2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey Sarmageddon and welcome to the forum :)

Are you banned or just blocked? A ban is permanent, whereas a block is just temporary, and you can check this by attempting to log on and checking which of those words is mentioned in the pop-up message.

When you mention that you received a "thank you" message from the admin, it could be just acknowledgement of responding to your vote. It could also be that the admin made a mistake, these things do happen on occasions, but the only way to receive an official reply of what may or may not have occurred when you were kicked is to e-mail Feedback at info@isketch.net.

Good luck :)

p.s. We actually have a no admin-naming policy on this forum, to protect those who may not wish to be named.

3. Sarmageddon

Sarmageddon New Member

Thanks for your answer. I am blocked, but to be honest that shouldn't matter. Yes, i did use one inappropriate word that i called the cheaters with. Apparently that's enough to get myself blocked when i'm trying to do something that benefits us all. I think it's pretty obvious that one shouldn't act diplomatically when it comes to cheaters.

4. REM.

REM. Member

Tuts ! just stick to the rules and but the player on ignore . Try and play to the rules and enjoy your |Isketch experience....................realax transcend into the Isketch euphoria state of mind..........rise above the letterwritingabusivescribblingmessers

5. Peter

Peter Administrator

Moved this thread to iSketch > Help as the feedback forum is for discussing matters relating to the iSketch Forum rather than the iSketch Game.

6. circa_1948

circa_1948 New Member

1- If we aren't supposed to warn etc., why do we even have a button? I thought it was to try and police ourselves since not enough admins?

2- I'll never understand why there are honest, faithful players waiting years to hear back about becoming an admin yet there only seems to be one working at any given time. I play all day (and night) every day and can't say how frustrating it is to have to spend all my time leaving rooms that admins never show up at and abusers just keep up their shenanigans.
    We shouldn't have to put people on ignore 'instead of' warning, imho.

2 people like this.
  7. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

In my experience, the ignore function is a wonderful thing. Of course, by the time it's required, one has usually already had to experience the rudeness - and of course, if it's offensive, it's votable. So vote, then put them on ignore - problem solved - or at least it has been the solution for me and my playing friends. There's no need to expose yourself any further to "abusers just keeping up their shenanigans". The old saying "ignorance is bliss" definitely applies - hit ignore - instant bliss! :lol:

8. Tim_Woods

Tim_Woods New Member

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I don't quite get the "no admin-naming" policy. They chose to take the responsibility, so why shouldn't they be called out, or appreciated for what they do? If they don't want to be known, then they shouldn't have taken the responsibility. Just my opinion, which is in NO way related to the original post. I don't know the story there, but I saw that no naming admins thing and it peaked my curiosity.

1 person likes this.
  9. Atreyu

Atreyu Member

Beg to differ.

Hi all! :biggrin: I just have to say that I totally disagree with the original post. I never have a problem with an admin wanting to ban me for voting... and I do vote! On the contrary, I am thanked every time and am happy to say that I see some of them as very nice peeps indeed. I have run into one that wasnt especially nice but hey I have bad nights :fangs: myself sometimes. We are all human. :?: Hopefully if it was a mistake it will be fixed. But if it wasnt then this video is for you... (and I hope your mom pulls your hair too, crybaby) :twisted:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pTmuDLwbYhttp://

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
  10. Clau

Clau New Member

Hi Sarmegeddon,

As an admin on iSketch I know how frustrating it can be to see two people cheat, you have voted and nothing seems to be happening. You get frustrated and angry as well.
    It seems your 'rude' behavior led you to a temporary ban from the game, so see it as a 'o.0' moment? best way to help an admin is to PM the names of the cheaters, you probably get told by the admin to hang in there and let the admin do their magic. Cheaters is a difficult one and it takes longer than writers hehe, so a calm attitude from you, or not interfering at all, helps a great deal, even if that is the most difficult thing to do at that moment. Good luck to you, I hope to run into you at some point. Enjoy the game!

1 person likes this.
  11. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

This policy does not just extend to admin's, but also other players as well.

Not all admins/players are members of this forum and therefore, they would not be able to (nor would want or need to) justify or defend themselves. I have edited many posts were players were 'named' for an alleged event (which may or may not have happened). Furthermore, some members who are admins may have identified themselves as such on this forum - however, that is their choice and as a forum, we cannot confirm either way if they are or not.

With respect to admin's choosing to take responsibility - they take the responsibility ONLY in iSketch itself - not in this Forum.

At this forum, we try to keep things as open and transparent as possible, but always with privacy and professionalism in mind.

Hope this answers your question :smile:

2 people like this.
  12. NFL

NFL New Member

i have the same problem , just posted my own thread , i got kicked and blocked from the game cause i used some bad words vs cheaters , who were totally obvious answer sharers , and the admin just didnt care for the cheating but only for my "bad talk" , thats just nonsense to me , ok i said im sorry for my bad words , i know its not ok but when it comes to those newbie "idiots " who just share answers and/or use letters all the time it can be very hard sometimes to stay calm and friendly . im normally friendly to everyone and also id say a quite good player i play the game now for 4 or 5 years i think , cant remember , and i love it , but lately more and more of those "newbie idiots" ruin the fun of the game quite often and that drives me crazy , i hope i get unblocked or unbanned cause i wanna play again , ill promise to watch my language and just hope that admins will watch those cases when obvious cheaters are around a lil more closely !!!

13. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

See, this is the catch 22. On one hand you are being helpful and I'm sure the admins love having those helpful people using their votes correctly, but on the other hand it seems you were being rude to the cheaters.

By your own admission you were still rude towards the cheaters, and yes, your particular actions were provoked by the cheaters, but you must be careful with retaliation; the same rules do apply to everyone regardless of the situation. Whether the players are rule-breakers or not, the admin can still take action against people being rude.

My advice is to be patient with the admins. They may take longer to deal with the situation than you expect and the result may not be exactly what you personally want. If that's the case, then remove yourself from the situation, even if only to prevent the provocation. Not everything, I imagine, is as straightforward as kicking/blocking; the admins need to prove there is rule-breaking occurring. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

And you never know, the admin may have removed the cheaters after removing you from the game, of course if they were proven to be cheating :)

1 person likes this.
  14. NFL

NFL New Member

still no sense to me , i say **** to some cheating newbie idiot , i get banned he plays on , whats that all about ? its like oh sorry i shot u after u pressed that shotgun to my head ? ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  15. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

With the utmost respect NFL, I believe that the admin took the right course of action, especially after what you referred the player as. As DB posted, you were in a catch-22 however, by resorting to verbal abuse and by default, making you no better than the 'cheater' you were blocked. (I understand that in the original thread you created about this matter, you advised that you were blocked not banned, so I am assuming you are indeed still blocked).

Try and rise above them in future, alert an admin and watch and wait for them to decide if they are indeed cheating. :)

4 people like this.
  16. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

I agree with you, TF. And (from reading the other thread), I don't see any Catch-22 here at all. One round of improbable guessing, in an English Easy room no less, is no way to tell that someone is cheating. Not unless you're also in on it.

2 people like this.
  17. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Ahh, I'm sure the admins have their ways of trapping and dealing with cheaters.

One thing I will point out, though. I personally find that PM'ing an admin to alert them of possible cheating can result in a much more efficient way of dealing with the suspected cheaters. Compared to publicly voting to remove them and therefore alerting them to possible admin intervention, they would have no knowledge that an admin may be watching if a simple PM is used instead. Of course this would only work if a) you know the name of an admin, b) said admin is currently online and c) said admin is not busy elsewhere.

If you can't attract an admin that way, just use your vote. If you can't vote, my suggestion is to alert others who may be in the room that possible cheating may be occurring and/or leave the room and join another hopefully more friendly room :)

18. NFL

NFL New Member

i still see its just unfair , i get banned or blocked or whatever cause i used some bad words , but cheaters detroying the game just go on , thats just nonsense , ok i used some bad words , sorry for that but thats how ppl talk to someone who is obviosly cheating and then i get kicked ? thats just bs , kick the cheaters and dummy letter users and not the 4 or 5 year pro players who just wanna have a nice game !!!

19. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Well actually...most don't. Most either call an admin, or vote and wait patiently.

Rude behaviour is having a nice game? Heck...I gotta find me a new definition of 'nice'

Sorry...with all due respect, I find your ranting as a lack of taking responsibility for your own actions. If you're rude, and get caught, suck it up and move on. It seems to me, from what you have said, that because you were kicked for being rude (and you did admit being rude) - you missed out on finding out whether the other players were proven/caught/dealt with for cheating anyway. Such a shame, really. Personally, I usually like to stick around to find out if the ones I've voted on are actually caught and kicked. It's more satisfying that way.

I'm sure you'll be back in the game soon enough. Perhaps there's a lesson here?

20. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I agree. I know I have quoted this several times already, but it applies in your case as it does to anyone else in this situation. I feel it really helps illustrate the point.

You are definitely not the first to fall foul of this and you most certainly won't be the last, I'm fairly certain of it.
    Hang on in there, take a breather and I'm sure you'll get back in in no time :)

1 person likes this.