Active Forum Meet

Discussion in 'Meets and Events' started by Arrisdaroldi, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Arrisdaroldi

Arrisdaroldi Forum Junkie

Hey everyone I am aware we all live in different parts of the world, so I had the idea to all meet up on isketch every couple months and create a UCR to play in for us active members. We all know each other but some of us have never played together. It would be a great way to grow closer and have a few fun rounds every now and then.

Thoughts?

2. SoulAngel

SoulAngel Active Member

Good idea, Arris...but isn't this already done with the tournaments? (and darn, I missed it the other day!) I know tournies have the competitive element, but they always welcome onlookers, chatters and non participating friends. Just a thought

3. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I love organising tournaments, but they are mainly for the competitive group of iSketchers. I think it would be a nice idea to have fairly regular meets with just a chat room or a slower-paced game going on. They provide a great opportunity to meet with other, welcome newer forum members, reunite with older forumites and can also encourage more iSketchers to become members here :)

We've had a couple of parties/meets in the past, (here is the last one we had) and hopefully there will be more in the near future :)

4. Arrisdaroldi

Yeah, just trying to think of ways to make the forum more Alive..and have periodic meets :D

1 person likes this.
  5. NoHints

NoHints Active Member

Like db said, the parties people sometimes organised were basically what you're talking about.

Just post if you want to organise one.

6. Arrisdaroldi

Would love that, my schedule is pretty tight right now, so how about in a couple weeks...

7. iSnack2.0

iSnack2.0 New Member

But... but... I wanted to meet you NOWWWWWWWWWWW :cry:

8. Dagon

Dagon New Member

I'm unable to play iSk. :|

9. Arrisdaroldi

why dagon?

sry snacky im not on, when i am my name is still arrisdaroldi.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  10. Dagon

Dagon New Member

Check the "Help" subforum for more information. :razz:

11. Arrisdaroldi

I read a message mentioning a christmas meet...(all credit goes to db). Anyone interested?

12. Rood

Rood Active Member

I don't want to come across in a negative way, but deebs is pretty much king of organising meetups/tournaments/etc. so I think I'll trust him to organise when it comes closer to the time, seeing as it was his idea and all.

13. Arrisdaroldi

* Arrisdaroldi makes db1986 Thread owner

14. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Lol, OK :biggrin: I do have a few ideas about a Christmas gathering. Maybe I'll post something in the next few days to see what everyone thinks. As always, any ideas, suggestions, themes and whatever else are always welcome :)

I will say, however, that I'm not the only organiser around here. Saffron was/is a fantastic competition/tournament host, as was/is Buffers. I don't mean this in a weird, moany, sarcastic or negative way, I always love to organise and/or help prepare events and gatherings. What I do mean is, this is a free forum, anyone else is allowed to organise stuff, I'm not official (not really :lol:) and don't get paid (although financial contributions wouldn't be a bad thing :twisted:).

This is nothing against you Rubes, you know I love ya hun <3

And Dagon, you should get your computer sorted, you wouldn't want to miss out :p

15. Rood

Rood Active Member

Naww, love ya too deebs <3