Abdobe Shockwave player

Discussion in 'iSketch' started by MsCaro, Sep 22, 2009.

1. MsCaro

MsCaro New Member

Every time I want to play it says that I don't have Abdobe Shockwave Player, even though I downloaded it at least 5 times already (from the link given on isketch)
    Please help me with this problem!

2. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'm no computer expert but there are different versions of Shockwave depending on your Internet browser and your computer's operating system.

Try this link here, http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ and select the most appropriate options for your download.

If this doesn't work I'm sure someone else will reply here and help you a bit further :)

3. SillyOldMe

SillyOldMe New Member

Shockwave issues

Everything was working fine (ok, sometimes it would act weird but no biggy) then I installed the lastest version of Shockwave -- and now I freeze up all the time. I can't play at all. grrrrrrr :cry:

I've uninstalled it and installed the fuller version, several times, but still it freezes.

I LOVE this game and want to continue to play it but.....what can I do now?

Please, Please, Please help me. (Also, keep the instructions simple, I'm old) Thank you!!!

4. Chey

Chey Guest

5. SillyOldMe

SillyOldMe New Member

Thanks but I've tried the "full" version and it hasn't worked. BTW that link you sent didn't work for me either.

I've tried to uninstall and install several times and still nothing. Any other ideas?

6. Bellicimo

Bellicimo Active Member

7. soothe

soothe New Member

Hi, I've been playing iSketch for a while now, but only officially registered today, because I'm having major problems. So, today, for the first time ever, isketch asked me to install the new version of Adobe Shockwave. I did, but now when I go into play, my whole browser freezes - immediately, before it can even load the rooms! I have shut down and try again every time. I have no idea what could be wrong, and this has never happened before - please help me!

Thanks in advance

8. Mato

Mato Member

See the post above. You have to uninstall your current version of Shockwave and reinstall the version linked here: http://www.isketchforum.net/showpost.php?p=183294&postcount=15

Also, in case you were unsure, registering on these forums does not make you a registered member on iSketch. iSketch registrations are not yet available.

:)

9. SigTauGimp

SigTauGimp New Member

Hey, long time player, first time poster. :p
    I'm having the same Shockwave troubles. I used the link above to download that version of Shockwave, but Firefox 3.5 says I still don't have it. If I try to load it in IE6, it crashes the browser. Any suggestions?? I'm running Windows 2000, btw. It worked fine about a year ago, and I haven't changed much on the computer.

10. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums, SigTauGimp :)

Did you make sure that you uninstalled the old version of Shockwave before installing the new one?

11. SigTauGimp

SigTauGimp New Member

Yeah, I've made sure to uninstall Shockwave each time it hasn't worked. I've tried both IE and Firefox installs for Shockwave, new and old app versions. The only other solution I could think of would be trying another browser, but I don't really wanna go through the hassle of getting one compatible with Win2000 just to play iSketch. :(

12. El_Nino

El_Nino New Member

1. Uninstall shockwave from control panel

2. Clear cache and cookies from every web browser you have played isketch on

3. Go to app. data > local > macromedia > shockwave > isketch files . . and delete all of the contents (I'm not on my laptop so may have missed stages out . .). Files may alsobe hidden, in which case you have to select hidden files

4. Download and reinstall shockwave and selecting the correct language settings

1 person likes this.
  13. moobydick

moobydick New Member

buy a new computer

14. SigTauGimp

SigTauGimp New Member

Sorry for the delay.

Even after doing everything stated above, Firefox still says I don't have Shockwave when I go to ISketch, and IE still crashes before I can go to the login page. :sad:

The only solutions I can think of now are getting another different browser, or buying a different computer...which is pretty hard to do at the moment without money. :rolleyes:

In any case, thank you for your help.

15. mortcat

mortcat New Member

Are you installing the FULL or the SLIM version of Shockwave 11?

The FULL version works best on iSketch.

16. SigTauGimp

SigTauGimp New Member

I've tried both, to no avail. :(

17. aerochick

aerochick New Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Bellicimo, I couldn't get onto isketch.net on my laptop but that link helped.
    And I'm happy to report, the word list hasn't changed in two years:D.