A very gentle reminder (and the forum rules)

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Vik, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Vik

Vik New Member

Hello lovely peeps!

This thread is more aimed at some of our newer members than the golden oldi... I mean golden ladies (and gentlemen) who have been here yonks.

It's just a quick reminder (or perhaps a pre-reminder to those who don't know about it yet) that double posting is not allowed on the forum except if your previous post in the same thread was made more than 24 hours ago.

In case you are not sure, double posting is when one person posts twice in a row in one thread, with no other message in between your two or more posts.

The best way to avoid this is to use the edit button, located bottom right of your original post. This allows you to add to or take away things you have said to your heart's content.

If it's been a few hours since your post, and you have to add something, and really really want it to show up at the top of the appropriate section of the forum/'new posts' then you should copy the original message, delete it, and then paste it into a new message, adding the important extra info. Messages which are simply edited do not show up as new posts. I must stress that this copy/delete/paste method is to be used only in cases where it really is important that your post gets shown as being a new post. You will be asked to refrain from doing this if it is abused.

This reminder it not aimed at anyone in particular. I have just noticed than in the last few weeks we have got quite a few new members who unusually (but in a most welcome way) have already contributed quite a lot to the forum and might need to get used to the rules a bit :)

Thanks!

p.s. it would be ok to double post now and again - I need something to do around here afterall :p:p

EDIT: A link to further forum rules and netiquette can be found here which is a link to the appropriate section of the FAQ

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  2. Facey

Facey New Member

* Facey wants to know how she's meant to get to royal member if she has to wait for 24 hours :twisted: