1 Vs. The Forum - Chat

Discussion in 'Thread Games' started by db1986, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

You don't have to wonder. And you don't have to guess.

2. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

Why did that Claude Monet round come to an end so quickly? Friday was the deadline, wasn't it? :cry:

3. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

It was, but everyone had answered so I thought I'd save time :)

4. Bellicimo

Bellicimo Active Member

:( i swear this never appears in the unread post thing or whatever... :( i hatee it :(

5. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Aww, it might be because I edit the post to change the time rather than making a new one. I think the New Posts link is effective for a few hours or so, whereas the Today's Posts link might be more helpful Belli :) I may be wrong, but hey ho :)

6. Bellicimo

Bellicimo Active Member

hmm yeah :/ is thereeee like any chancee you could send us a pm when a new question is up?

7. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Even though it is a good idea to PM the players to remind people to answer, I should really be consistent. It wouldn't be fair on new players if I started to remind the Forum Team by PM. I would need to be available on here a lot more for it to happen too :p

What you could do is to subscribe to the thread by clicking here and then when you click on your User CP, the new posts in your subscribed threads will be shown. When you subscribe to a thread you can also set up automatic e-mails with it to show you any new posts via e-mail.

It's just another way of showing any new posts that might not necessarily appear.

Edit: If you wish to subscribe to any other threads, simply open the thread you wish to subscribe to, click on the drop-down menu "Thread Tools", located at the top right of the first post, and then click "Subscribe to this thread".

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    2 people like this.
  8. Bellicimo

Bellicimo Active Member

Oooh thankss I completelyy forgot about that thing :)

9. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

A quick note about the current question.
    The time would have expired at 6:00pm today, but I wasn't available for the past day to post the time change so I have given the Forum Team an extra day from 6:00pm :)

10. Casta_Diva

Casta_Diva New Member

Haha, okay the translation that I used gave me different answers. I thought he hated the music classes...and number 7 just made no sense, and number 8 said the opposite. Blargh!

11. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

:p i say i lost on a technicality XD and that my spanish is still good thank u :) XD but ah wellsss :D good luck jmac ;) if he knows its his turn...hm..

1 person likes this.
  12. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Thanks again for spotting my mistake Jen :)

13. Casta_Diva

Casta_Diva New Member

Blast your choice of "Science and Technology," Jmac!!!!!!

Good luck to whoever is still on the Forum Team for this round :) (I'm out)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  14. Jmac

Jmac New Member

haha, I am just glad that my teachers have taught me that "your intuition is usually wrong" when dealing with complex problems...

15. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I will be away for a few days so the time for this round has been extended for everyone. The time limit for the Forum Team will still be 1 day after Jmac has answered, to make it as fair as possible for all players. Keep your eyes peeled on the 9th.

16. Casta_Diva

Casta_Diva New Member

Haha yeah, I said it would stay the same...I did have the intuition that it would rise, but I chose to stick with the middle ground hoping that maybe db would accept it as close enough :razz: Haha okay maybe not.....

* Casta_Diva waits for the next round......

17. Jmac

Jmac New Member

Ok, I will wait for a few days then before i answer so that everyone has a couple day vacation :biggrin:

18. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Aha, it wouldn't have really mattered too much if you had answered while I was away, I would have just updated the thread when I got back, thus giving the Forum Team 1 day to answer as per usual :)

But anyway, normal rules are back, you have 3 days (roughly) to answer from now :)

Edit: Oh and I'm going away again soon, but I may have access to a computer this time.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  19. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

As I'm going away again this weekend, the next question has a longer deadline.
    Jmac you may answer any time between now and the 21st and everyone else should keep a eye out on the 18th for me to update if Jmac has answered before the 18th :)

Basically, make sure you look at the game thread on the 18th :)

20. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Hey hey 1 Vs. people, I'm back from my holiday.

The game will now resume normal play and all players should check the game thread regularly.

Sorry for the inconvenience and happy quizzing :)