1 Vs. The Forum - Chat

Discussion in 'Thread Games' started by db1986, Jan 19, 2009.

1. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

This game is based on the 1 Vs. 100 game on the National Lottery in the UK.
    It might be a little lengthy, but I'll try it anyway.

Game Overview
    The forum will be split into two teams, the single player and the forum.
    Every player that signs up will get one chance at being the single player, while the remaining entrants will form the forum team.
    Each team will try to eliminate the other team by answering multiple choice questions from a subject requested by the single player.

Single Player Aim
    To eliminate as many members of the forum as possible. Eliminating them all is the ideal case.

Forum Team Aim
    To eliminate the single player as early as possible.

Game Play
    The single player will select a category from the three provided by me.
    Once they have chosen their category, I will ask everyone the same multiple choice question based on that category.
    Everyone should PM the answer to me, and the round closes exactly one day after the single player has answered.
    The single player will receive 2 skips at the start of their turn. They may use a skip to answer a question, and automatically get the question correct. To use a skip, just PM the word "SKIP" instead of your answer. The forum members will not receive any skips.

After the round has finished...
    If the single player gets the answer correct, each member of the forum team who got the answer wrong will be eliminated, and gameplay continues with the remaining members of the forum.
    If the single player answers incorrectly, their turn will end.

Winning
    Once everyone has played their turn, the person who eliminated the most forum members in their turn will win the game.

Joining
    If you wish to join this game just post here.
    If you wish to ask any questions about the game, please either post them here or PM them to me.

For clarification of these rules please click here or view this YouTube video, although the timings in the actual game on TV are not practical for a forum based game :p
    If this game is successful, I may have to make a competition :p

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    4 people like this.
  2. Capt_Sparrow

Capt_Sparrow Active Member

I'm loving it dermotb1986 :p 1 vs 100 is one of the better lottery quizzes! Before I sign up, will the questions be googleable 'cos then we won't get much elimination happening..

3. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

oooh... I like this.. I am not very sure of the rules.. but it looks like a quiz!

I am in.

4. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

I'll try to avoid googleable questions but that might be quite difficult.
    I shall make the first few questions quite easy, and gradually make them harder. In the actual gameshow, the "100" get 6 seconds to answer, which is ideal, but that is impractical for the forum.

It is indeed a quiz. This YouTube video might help --> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zQC5onnS2lE

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  5. Medea.

Medea. Active Member

Hmm.. I'll fail at this and I'm rather confused..
    But meh, I'll give it a shot.. err, yer
    I'll re-read it when my head doesn't feel like it's on backwards and maybe it'll make more sense..

6. Capt_Sparrow

Ok count me in :)

7. Vik

Vik New Member

I'm in. And the message I have entered is too short.

8. Nyna

Nyna New Member

I will play

9. ILoveMaths07

ILoveMaths07 Member

me 2 me 2 me 2...! Isn't this like the last round of 'Dog Eat Dog'? :biggrin:

10. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

In a way, yes, it has a similar format but answering questions instead of challenges.

11. TempusFugit

TempusFugit <i>Forum Clock</i>

I'm up for it :twisted:

12. Katie.Lemon

Katie.Lemon Active Member

i'll playy

13. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Wow, 8 people already :eek::biggrin:

Hopefully it will go without a hitch. I'll wait for a couple more days before launching.

14. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Question 1: How long does the single player get to answer the mcq?
    Question 2: Is there a penalty for the single player if s/he gets the answer wrong?
    Question 3: How does the single player get chosen?

2 people like this.
  15. Alessadri

Alessadri Forum Skull

I think...

Q2 : The turn of that player ends.
    Q3 : This has to be random.. in a cycle (or some order that db decides)

16. jenni939706

jenni939706 Twirl Princess

lol, i'd love to play :D

17. storm

storm Forum Tempest

Just noticed something else... lol

Question 4: Why does the single player get 2 SKIPS, if the s/he can't use a SKIP when they're in the forum team and the game ends once every member of the game has played a single player turn?

18. Sorsie

Sorsie New Member

I'm innn!!! ^_^

Nice idea Dibseees

19. Capt_Sparrow

We may even get to 1 vs 100! :p

20. db1986

db1986 Super Moderator

Q1: Good question. I will limit it to 3 days after the question has been set.
    Q2: Yes. If the single player gets their answer wrong their turn is over and the next person in line will become the single player.
    Q3: I will post the list for single player order up in the next couple of days when everyone has signed up who wants to play.
    Q4: When you are the single player you will receive your 2 skips. You may only use your skips when you are the single player. If you lose your turn as the single player, you will lose any unused skips.